The online racing simulator
Ok, had an extended play with the new patch last night, lovin the new mirrors, seeing them now makes me wonder why we had to wait so long to get them like that, but I digress.

Right, this leaving pit stutter is killing me now, it is much worse for me now than it ever was
Quote from danowat :
Right, this leaving pit stutter is killing me now, it is much worse for me now than it ever was

Really? For me it was worse in patch V than ever before (don't know if there was any of it before U/V) but now it's gone.
Yup, RLY, I was on the STCC servers last night, and the stutter when someone left the pits was very bad, much more apparent than in previous versions.
Quote from danowat :Yup, RLY, I was on the STCC servers last night, and the stutter when someone left the pits was very bad, much more apparent than in previous versions.

Were you actually driving at the time? Remember the real big part of the pit lag reduction system (the delayed texture loading - which has not changed at all in V2) is only active for people who are driving at speed. Sometimes people complain about pit-out lag that is suddenly worse in a new patch, because they see it when they are spectating. Unfortunately they don't notice that that never happens when they are driving.

Textures are loaded instantly, without delay when :

- You are spectating
- Your car is moving extremely slowly
- The race is restarting

There is no change in that. The V2 pit-out glitch reduction is one very tiny change that is probably less than a millisecond for most people. Not even worth discussing really but pit-out glitch reduction is all about saving fractions of milliseconds, hundreds of times.
Yes, I was driving the LX4 on Blackwood Reverse, coming up to the last corner before the start/finish straight, someone left the pits and I have a big stutter that made it difficult to negotiate the corner.
Quote from danowat :Yes, I was driving the LX4 on Blackwood Reverse, coming up to the last corner before the start/finish straight, someone left the pits and I have a big stutter that made it difficult to negotiate the corner.

And?

You can't really draw any conclusions from a single incident.
Quote from Scawen :And?

You can't really draw any conclusions from a single incident.

It didn't just happen once, it happened everytime someone left the pits
#8 - Bean0
Quote from danowat :It didn't just happen once, it happened everytime someone left the pits

I also get this. Its like a stutter every time someone leaves the pits, can't remember if blocking the messages with shift+minus key stops it or not.
We were on the same server last night, wonder if that has anything to do with it?
Maybe it's the STCC license plugin that causes the server to hiccup?
Quote from AndroidXP :Maybe it's the STCC license plugin that causes the server to hiccup?

On your end? Seems very unlikely, imho. I must admit though that sometimes I get this pit-leave-lag as well but not always. It is a small stutter, lasts a seconds tops, but can easily cost a corner or race...

I'll do some checking later and update this post
I noticed the same Problem. I have not remembered all the time if someone leaves the pits when there is stutter, but i noticed more stutter during my driving session. In V(1) i cant remember that there was any stutter during my rounds, but when I tested V2 I noticed it and I want to report it here
It's the same for me. Before V2 I didn't ever notice the stutter when someone left the pits but since then I'm expieriencing a considerable lag (stutter) nearly every time someone leaves the pits.
Quote from Scawen :Were you actually driving at the time? Remember the real big part of the pit lag reduction system (the delayed texture loading - which has not changed at all in V2) is only active for people who are driving at speed. Sometimes people complain about pit-out lag that is suddenly worse in a new patch, because they see it when they are spectating. Unfortunately they don't notice that that never happens when they are driving.

Textures are loaded instantly, without delay when :

- You are spectating
- Your car is moving extremely slowly
- The race is restarting

There is no change in that. The V2 pit-out glitch reduction is one very tiny change that is probably less than a millisecond for most people. Not even worth discussing really but pit-out glitch reduction is all about saving fractions of milliseconds, hundreds of times.

Does the emboldened bit happen during a race? If it does, I'd like to add an observation: It is somewhat frustrating when it happens during pit stops, and it (stutter) has caused me to miss stopping in a pit box quite a few times. Other than that, it's great
I am also experiencing the lag/stutter, notice it particularly when slowing for the chicane on AS3.... so still in excess of 85mph when it occurs. It really messes up my braking..

Cheers
Paul
strange i diidnt notice anyproblems when i ran the patch night before last but this morning theres a huge frame rate drop at every corner on as club ( 90fps down to 15fps for about a second) usually as i turn in.

forgot to say there were only 2 other cars running on track at same time
Was competing on our AAL servers last night with about 14 drivers.
I was getting the stutter when people were leaving the pits. Not when they actually leave the pit box but when they enter back into their car after being in the setup screen but only when I was in spectator mode.

Did not seem to notice any stutter tho when I was racing
one of the guys at conedodgers has just suggested an alternative reason for the stutter.

To stop people jumping the chicane on AS3, additional tyres have been added to block the direct route... Might this be adding to the stutter? adding to the number of calculations for the physics engine?

I have a decent spec pc P4 -3.2 dual core, with Radeon 850xt, so shouldnt really be taxing the pc too much..

Any thoughts?
my computer stutters too, even when its running around 80 fps, it drops down to .. who knows how low for a good full second or so and it become a problem sometimes

it seems to be worse when the track is Aston for some reason (maybe not though)
Quote from XCNuse :my computer stutters too, even when its running around 80 fps, it drops down to .. who knows how low for a good full second or so and it become a problem sometimes

sounds like my problem, i installed a second copy of lfs with same mods for signs etc so install is identical except for the patch.

i can run fine on redlines asclub track with the unpatched version but the patched version gets the severe stutter with a drop to 15 fps usually at t1, chicane and the last turn. seems a bit strange as with a normal fps in the 90's with detail turned up i wouldnt imagine there being any reason for such a heavy drop in frame rate due to the patch
Quote from XCNuse :my computer stutters too, even when its running around 80 fps, it drops down to .. who knows how low for a good full second or so and it become a problem sometimes

Yeah this sounds exactly the same. Last night had a full grid of XFR's on AstonClub and while i was racing or practicing everytime someone left from being in the setup screen i get about half a second of stuttering. Was really bad at the end of quallifying when people were jumping in and out of pits like mad.

Some people say it is the same as it always has been but if i had gotten used to it why would it bother me so much only know.

Other than that, was one hell of a race
I'm not noticing the stutter so much but to get a sound crackle every time someone leaves the pits
I have played with the new patch today for about an hour and noticed zero stuttering.
#24 - Davo
This is so random for me. I'll go for a few days without noticing then I'll notice it and it'll be really bad but then go away again. Probably why it's so hard to diagnose the problem. Perhaps I've just gotten used to it and learnt to put up with it.
I have found a correlation; when somebody joins from the pits, you get the pit stutter if that person who joined is lagging. Like if you do the de-bug, you see their lag time is .025 or more. Or is it .25?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG