The online racing simulator
Creating a highway
(13 posts, started )
Creating a highway
I am intending on creating a highway for LFS, but am wondering about the most efficient way to carry this out. Although I am new to the auto-cross editor, my initial idea was to manipulate and adapt the oval circuit of Kyoto Ring, but the main flaw this would have is that the track is too short overall. Therefore, would any other users have any alternative suggestions as to how this could be achieved?
Basically, the oval track has seperate lanes laid out on the track already, so a center divider barrier could be placed between these. Out of curiosity, have any completely new tracks been designed within an external program? The servers I have witnessed so far have merely been modifications of existing tracks through the use of the autocross editor.
That wouldn't be really fun....
All you are doing is jusdt driving around on a oval track thinking its a high way...
But if you want to do then do it..., i am just saying.
There was a CMX version of the S1 Blackwood kicking about; even got converted to RACER or NetKar Namie IIRC. AFAIK no one has successfully gotten a brand new circuit into LFS, though, and at this time, such endeavors are not permitted by the devs.

Anything with Auto-X is of course fine, though. But out of curiosity... why do you want to create a sort of highway?
After regularly attending the police servers, I was contemplating the thought of having these pursuits on a proper highway situation, since they are normally situated on regular roadways.
hi there, my first try with the editor is a long time ago and my goal was simular to yours. I created kind of a highway on the oval which is more a contruciton site or roadworks. I just reduced the lanes by using walls and its quite interesting to drive around there. I created it primary to see how my setup (FO8) behaves but its also alot of fun with all the other cars. You can still have races there but this is very hard to do with more then 2- 4 cars. But have a look at it yourself maybe you can use &/ or improve it and if not, just delete it

Normal Oval (first try & a updated version) & Rev
Attached files
layout.zip - 8.6 KB - 225 views
I really want hte Devs to extend the highway in south city. make it sprint track 3. 2 long straights with slow hard corners =
How about using Kyoto National as a base? Half the track is the ring.
That's a good idea, that track could work better as a functioning highway.
Is there any way of editing the limitation of the number of objects that can be placed? Unfortunately I have already reached this limit whilst building the center divider
I'm not sure but remember the limits are there for a reason, with loads of objects it tends to slow things down alot and cause other problems.
no you cant add more than 512 objects, but you can delete some barriers and put some marshalls there 512 objects + 100 marshall circles + 612 objects
You can create ANYTHING if you set your mind to it!

Seriously your gonna need gurders, pavement and the occasional police chase XD

Creating a highway
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG