The online racing simulator
Endurance Night
(21 posts, started )
Endurance Night
As a new trial feature each STCC server has an endurance night, with races 3 times longer than normal. Each server has a different night so that short length racers can still have their fun, and long race racers can always find a long race ...

That's the plan anyway, if the servers empty on endurance day then i'll stop the trial.
since what time starts and finish endurance night? and are there more points?
It theoretically starts and ends at midnight on server time (GMT/BST), although it only takes effect when the track changes.

I just wrote a new update that i'll put online very soon which rescales the points in all races based upon the time the race takes to complete. It uses the winners time only, so sandbagging wont help .
#4 - ajp71
I think 3 times longer than the current length off races on STCC3b is too long (would be nearly an hour) for pick up racing and for rallycross. I'd like to see more of the long tracks used on the STCC servers as well.
3b's race base length was shortened earlier tonight to match server 2, so it should be about 30 minutes ish for the pickup enduro's .
We definitely need the longer tracks occasionally, even on the XFG/XRG server. I spent all weekend evenings trying to race on the STCCa (XF/XRG) and it was either SO Classic or SO Classic reverse every time I logged on or looked. Can't stand that track, and an entire weekend plus tonight again just really got to me. I want to see the occasional Aston North or even KY National would be ok with the little cars. Sure, Aston GP or KY Long wouldn't work, but....

I don't even think I've seen FE Gold, which is a really good track in the XF/XRG's. Have to say though, my first nights on the STCC servers was the first time I seriously raced on the RallyX tracks. FE Green Rally was a blast.
It's pretty difficult to get an S1 host running S2 tracks... STCC1b running the UF1's uses more tracks at the first tier because it is S2.

STCC2 and STCC3b have a wider circuit selection and use some of the longer tracks, although Fern Bay Black isn't used, and one of the long Aston's, I think I added all the others.

STCC3a deosn't run a track rotation.

Both STCC3 servers do advance your license though.

Oh also whilst i'm at it we fixed a back end web interface script last night that was causing STCC2 to loose sync with the licence system - so that shouldn't happen any more. A handful of drivers heard me refer to it as 'Sams dodgy ban script' in the last few days... So that's fixed now.
#8 - Jakg
Quote from Becky Rose :It's pretty difficult to get an S1 host running S2 tracks... STCC1b running the UF1's uses more tracks at the first tier because it is S2.7

come on Becky im sure you could find a way around that!
Quote from Becky Rose :It's pretty difficult to get an S1 host running S2 tracks... STCC1b running the UF1's uses more tracks at the first tier because it is S2.

:doh: Completely forgot about the fact that STCC1a is an S1 server...

That's a bummer, but it's great that there is a popular S1 server for those folks to join us.
Was yesterday afternoon's 12 laps of Westhill in the UF1s an endurance?

Surely felt like it!
It might have been, I think I made some bloopers in the config file that I sorted when I got home. Not sure which ones I crossed now, but some where crossed yes.
The endurance racing should be good with the GTi vs. GT. But for the TBO servers, depending on which track you have for these pickup enduros, it could very well be boring for most people as one car could be lightyears ahead of another.

Long tracks? Hmmm for 30 minutes, people will lost interest too quickly because not many people will know the track turn after turn like the short courses you have set atm. However, that is not to say that if you use this Enduro feature more often, people will learn the track after a few enduro races, and get up to speed for a nice challenge.

Anyways, maybe I'll be around to give this a try.
Quote from BigFatCat :Was yesterday afternoon's 12 laps of Westhill in the UF1s an endurance?

Surely felt like it!

12 laps into the evening too ... my fingers can only take a couple of those a night before they start aching, lol.
Quote from JamesK :12 laps into the evening too ... my fingers can only take a couple of those a night before they start aching, lol.

Someone needs to buy a wheel =)
Too right (see my 'which wheel' thread, lol), but at the mo I'm playing on a laptop on my lap ... the XBox 1 pad works fine, its just heavily sprung.

Anywho, BTT, I can see a 12 lap race being great with a wheel The points awarded seemed a little skewed for the effort put in though - finishing in 10th (out of 18 or so) gave less than 1%, while finishing 1st to third (out of 5 cars) on some 5 lap races on STCC1a the other day gave a whole bunch of points, despite being much easier. Not that its a big deal
hmm,
first of all, although i am complaining very much, i wanna say, that i like the stcc very much.

i dont really like race cars in lfs very much, therefore stcc is a really good value for me .

but, hmm, i dont think that endurance thing is that good. yeah i want to have fun (but serious) races, but i dont wanna have to wait.

well, i dont wanna complain. the idea of longer pickup races is a good one. but at the weekend i really like some sprints.

maybe its just me, but i d like you to know .
Quote from Becky Rose :It theoretically starts and ends at midnight on server time (GMT/BST), although it only takes effect when the track changes.

I just wrote a new update that i'll put online very soon which rescales the points in all races based upon the time the race takes to complete. It uses the winners time only, so sandbagging wont help .

What to stop the following scenerio given that you change the points system to reflect the race completion time:

Three racers, all looking to advance to the next license. They all stop short of the finish line and wait for 30 minutes. A 10 minute pick-up race just became a 40 minute endurance race. I've been on the 1a and 1b servers when no more than 2 other people joined in the space of an hour.

Perhaps a better method would be to use a multiplier. Normal races give normal points. Endurance races which are 2x the normal length give 2x the points.
animal, you'd be better off racing twice in the same time. Only one person is going to get the points for the win... It would take everybody online to support the person trying to exploit the system like that. If it does become a problem i'll change it, but I dont honestly see this happening.
I like it. You don't realy have to wait because you can join the last few laps of the race you jump in and complete the race after that.

But on STCC1B server there are now endurance races and it advertises monday (but today it's sunday) Maybe i missunderstand something
um... so how do we found out when endurance night is?
Marzman - you are quite right, and I dont understand why. I've re-initialised the config file in the hope that it will clear it, and i've manually set the track up for now. If that doesnt do it i'll restart the manager.

Sketchyrollin - it advertises endurance night on the restart message.

Endurance Night
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG