The online racing simulator
Tracks
(31 posts, started )
Tracks
I think this has been suggested before, anyway.
what lfs needs are real tracks, so the people can get more interested in this sim. So the race drivers can use it to practice a new track (track that they don't know in real life). This can be a great improvement in the Simraces world, LFS with this can be an unbeatable Simulator of races
And i know that having a track (a real one) costs money
Thanks

Only a suggestion
And that will attract people to buy lfs
#3 - ajp71
Quote from chanoman315 :I think this has been suggested before, anyway.

IIRC someone did mention this a couple of years ago. Thanks for posting though had completely slipped from my memory :doh:
Quote from chanoman315 :I think this has been suggested before, anyway.

You should have posted on a existing thread or better yet not post at all since, you didn't add anything to this subject.
Quote :Only a suggestion

That just doesn't make it right.
we may see some dirt ovals, dirt arenas or full rally tracks. (snow physics, ice patches,etc.)
when I first played LFS I swore Blackwood was a real track. I also thought westhill looked like one two
Quote from Zipppy :we may see some dirt ovals, dirt arenas or full rally tracks. (snow physics, ice patches,etc.)

I suggested a dirt oval a while ago
I was just mentoning it, not requesting
Ibtl!
Attached images
ibtl.gif
More rally tracks, longer ones
Look at that - 12 posts til someone mentioned the Nord-

The only system that would work to keep the servers populated and not have one person playing each new version of each new track is if the tracks were designed using a massive selection of pre-fabricated shapes (corners, elevation changes, etc*). That would mean the parts would just have to be rearranged when you joined a server (like autocross layouts are now) rather than everyone who plays having to download dozens of new files every time they join a server.

The problem with that system is that without an almost limitless choice of parts, you'd never really be able to create truly accurate tracks.

* I'm talking a handful of slider bars per track section (start/end elevation, start/end width, corner radius and shape) and obviously the ability to overlay those with variable sized potholes and dips. I imagine it'd be hellishly complicated.
Quote from Serbman :More rally tracks, longer ones

I only have S1, so i dont know if theres more in S2, but we really do need more rally tracks. Theres one in blackwood, and two in fern bay. Neither are that exciting.
That's because they are RallyCROSS, not Rally tracks...
Quote from bbman :That's because they are RallyCROSS, not Rally tracks...

Um.... ?
BIG difference, RallyCross, is four to five cars racing on a half pavement, half dirt track. Rally is point to point, one car at a time.

Cheers,
Matt.
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :I only have S1, so i dont know if theres more in S2, but we really do need more rallycross tracks. Theres one in blackwood, and two in fern bay. Neither are that exciting.

that better?
Quote from KanseiDneova :BIG difference, RallyCross, is four to five cars racing on a half pavement, half dirt track. Rally is point to point, one car at a time.

Cheers,
Matt.

Well these 2 should be mixed and u get nice dirt track like in Gran turismo for example
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :that better?

IMHO, yes, Rally is better than Rallycross. Much more difficult, much better drivers, better technology, better cars, more publicity is a plus (although it's still hard to come by in North America )

I'd love to see a proper tarmac rally in LFS. Tarmac rallies are always my favorites
Yeah, I believe the only station in the U.S. that broadcasted WRC, or rally in any form, dropped all Rally, and I think F1, for more Nascar... (DAMN YOU!!! *shakes fist*) Now where's a Euro who now happens to live in US supposed to get his fix of GOOD motorsports? :Eyecrazy:
Quote from MAGGOT :IMHO, yes, Rally is better than Rallycross. Much more difficult, much better drivers, better technology, better cars, more publicity is a plus (although it's still hard to come by in North America )

I'd love to see a proper tarmac rally in LFS. Tarmac rallies are always my favorites

pfff, citroen is testing it's rally cars in the european rallycross championship BEFORE they use them in rallying (WRC). i don't think there are more sophisticated and faster rally cars out there than the ones they use in rallycross.

pls don't compare that amateur driving you call rallycross in north america with real (professional) rallycross.

petter solberg learned how to drive fast racing rallycross.
MAGGOT - the top class of rallycross car is basically WRC cars ... with bigger holes in the air restrictors.
Quote from Fetzo :pfff, citroen is testing it's rally cars in the european rallycross championship BEFORE they use them in rallying (WRC). i don't think there are more sophisticated and faster rally cars out there than the ones they use in rallycross.

pls don't compare that amateur driving you call rallycross in north america with real (professional) rallycross.

do i sense a little hostility?
Quote from Fetzo :pfff, citroen is testing it's rally cars in the european rallycross championship BEFORE they use them in rallying (WRC). i don't think there are more sophisticated and faster rally cars out there than the ones they use in rallycross.

Quote from duke_toaster :MAGGOT - the top class of rallycross car is basically WRC cars ... with bigger holes in the air restrictors.

My mistake; my exposure to rallycross and what I've heard from those who have been exposed to it is that is more of an amateur type of sport, or maybe "semi-pro."

For the record, though, just because WRC cars and some WRC drivers have taken part in rallycross does not mean that it is better, or more difficult, etc. (not saying thats what you were saying, though) The fact remains that those cars and those drivers are in the WRC, not still in rallycross. That does count for something. It's like saying Tony Stewart used to race midgets, so midgets are top dogs too.

BUT, I do see what you mean. Still, I think rally trumps rallycross, by quite a margin.... Especially tarmac rallies.

Quote from Fetzo :pls don't compare that amateur driving you call rallycross in north america with real (professional) rallycross.

Who said anything about North America? All the Rally-X I've ever seen is from Europe. I'd appreciate that you don't use a condescending tone towards myself, or my continent, as well.
Quote from Serbman :Well these 2 should be mixed and u get nice dirt track like in Gran turismo for example

Thank you.
I know im about to get flamed, because i know a lot of people here seem to absolutley hate GT4 because its not as realistic as Enthusia, but its still an amazing game. And yeah, i had countless hours of fun the other day just racing the Subaru Ralley car, on only TWO "rally" tracks in GT4.

A lot of the origional tracks (meaning, not real life tracks, but designed for the game... like LFS), are REALLY nice in GT. I personaly like Tahiti (rally), trial mountain, el capitan, and grand valley, alot.

Anywyas, it wont be long tillt his thread gets locked
It also hope its not long till we get a proper rallycross track

Tracks
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG