The online racing simulator
S2 license problem
(38 posts, started )
Quote from Scawen :Setups can be sorted by name as well as date

Thank you! I've been waiting for this feature.
Quote from Jakg :yay x4, exactly what the doctor ordered

Scawen, if you ever need a pint...
then you'll have to buy one yourself because i'm too young to buy alcohol!

LOL, and I was about to hassle you about your age
Quote from MAGGOT :You said you copied an unlocked version from a disc? That may be the issue; delete it and start from scratch. After it is unlocked, copy over your skins, setups, colour settings, views, sounds, textures, etc. But don't dump the whole LFS folder onto the new one as it will overright a file and you will have the same problem. Pick and choose your folders to copy (DDS, PIC, ENG, SKINS, SKINS_X, etc)

That's what I had to do when I had the problem when I tried to copy LFS from my laptop onto my desktop.

Problrm solved, thanks Maggot!
Quote from Scawen :Well, to avoid confusion and to prevent the need to ask questions, I'll just paste you the list of changes here. I'll probably do another couple of compatible things as well but I must point out now, that I am very busy and absolutely will not be taking requests for the test patch, so please don't ask. I will also unsubscribe from this thread right now just in case.

Small list of a few compatible changes done for a minor update :

Higher resolution image in mirrors
Another small reduction in pit-out glitch
Setups can be sorted by name as well as date
CTRL+S saves a screen shot to the shots folder
Same distortion regardless of the volume setting
No need to type edit_eng before using sound editor
New PACK button in sound editor to load a sound pack
Master port is now selectable in cfg.txt (29339 or 8080)

FIX : Unlocking issue with AMD Athlon 64
FIX : Unlocking should now work on Cedega
FIX : Small renaming bug when saving replays

Oooooo, thread hijack

Looking good
Given the fact that unlocking problems only affect people who have a licence, isn't it kinda obvious that would be that case?
Master server
I recently purchased lfs s2 and for some reason my computer won't connect to the master server, i have tried it hundreds of times to unlock s2 and no good
any answers?
are you using patch V?
if so is your internet conection down?
1) Which version of LFS are you using? It must be at least patch V.
2) Can you ping master.liveforspeed.net?
#34 - col
Quote from Zachary! :I recently purchased lfs s2 and for some reason my computer won't connect to the master server, i have tried it hundreds of times to unlock s2 and no good
any answers?

Which version of LFS are you running ?
The master server was moved recently, and if you missed that and didn't auto update in time, maybe you need to download an update manually ?

Assuming this is the problem, there was also a thread recently with instructions on how to edit your system to point to the new master server.... but you shouldn't need to do that..
I have lfs version s2 v
i downloaded the demo and went to unlock s2
typed in the correct user name and game password
i click unlock and it doesn't even say connecting to master it goes straight to the "cannot connect to master" screen
then i turned off firewall, no good.
I purchased s2 today
yesterday i downloaded version v
Call your mother on your cell or go at her home with your BMW and ask her £24
Some ISPs block / throttle certain ports. A misconfigured firewall on the network would also cause a similar problem.

Hence test patch V2 (available here http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=20237) introduces a settable master port variable in cfg.txt. You may wish to try that. Simply edit the 'Master Port' entry cfg.txt. Currently the available options are 29339 or 8080. Try 8080. You'll probably find this helps.

Traditionally 8080 is recognised as an alternative to 80, which is commonly used for HTTP, hence it is rarely throttled or blocked by default.

S2 license problem
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG