The online racing simulator
BL1 Cutting? (TBO) or anycar for that matter
Hey all, just a small question.

I had a search on the STCC forum but couldn't find what I wanted and I dont think you have run BL1 the normal way in STCC league yet, have you?

anyway my question: Whats the official STCC stance on cutting the exit from the chicaine onto the main straight, I have seen many drivers with 4 wheels to the right of the white line here, right hand wheels on the mud and left wheels way up the kerb. Ive seen some go through the tyres here too this may be HLVC legal but is it STCC legal?

I am of the opinion that 2 wheels must remain on or inside the white line at all times unless there is a specific "runoff" or tarmac area outside the lines and at this turn there is no such runoff.

I get the feeling some drivers consider it OK to "cut" here as "everyone does it" and "look at the WR" is often brought up when challenged.

Sorry for my long post I would attach a screeny or replay however I am sure there is no need.

SD.
I'm one of cutters. I just think if its HLVC it's ok. Anyway if this is not STCC legal, then I wont cut

so stcc admins tell us your opinion

edit: i think two wheels must be on road, not in white lines! And curbs are road, so by this point a view if you have two weels on grass and two on curb it's ok
yes, this sucks, really. i was wondering why I was doing 2-3 tenths slower in the 1st split than the wr splits and I checked and noticed that everyone with a decent 1st split cuts off the exit of the chicane.
I did it a couple of times too, to see the effect, though it didn't bring me that much as I didn't have a good exit from the hairpin either.
I'd like to have that curb high enough to throw the car out of shape when going over it, it would discourage people from cutting
#4 - Davo
On some cars cutting the chicane causes damage to the suspension or a very unstable car so you're better off not cutting. I don't see the problem with cutting because sometimes it can go wrong so it's a risk you can take.
I only cut that corner when I stuff up the chicane, otherwise my right wheels are on the kerb. Are people really doing it deliberately? Short race mentality I suppose.
Needs some marshals there. That way if you decide to cut, you get a huge penalty?
we need wheel damage for that one ... run over the inside of that curb and you wheel would have a nice heart shape rather than a circle
#8 - SamH
Yowzer! It'd never crossed my mind that someone would actually build a chicane exit strategy out of a deliberate cut there. The way the car behaves is so unreliable, it must be as Kev says, short race mentality.

We can't put marshals there because that will penalise everyone who gets out of shape in the chicane. In fact there's very little we can do, except perhaps put some extra obstacles in there. It can't be those skyward red/white barriers, though, because they almost guarantee to become a hazard for people who have a good and clean exit, just because someone else hasn't. Perhaps a bit of hay to eliminate the excursion as a viable shortcut? I'm open to suggestions.

On FE Club, there's an excursion across grass that we DO permit, where there are yellow tyres at "Barnados" (picture the scene if you can). It's impossible to enforce grass cutting there, so we've conceded and allowed it. But this BL1 shortcut is a 50/50 that it's going to trash someone else's race too, and that's just not fair driving. I guess while we figure it out, we can enforce it in the licence as a habitual combination of hazardous driving and driving without due consideration for other drivers (requires people ratting on others though :shrug. A physical barrier is my preference. Should I try a hay bale or two?
here's what you can do. Do not put time penalty for cutting, becouse sometimes you are side by side or something and must go there, but for sure you cold put more bareas there. In this my pic. is example of bad barrea. You can just go true tires , they give you extra speed , so besides them put some other bareas like on FE1!
Attached images
chicane.JPG
Experimental layout uploaded.
Just watch out, any following cars, for the flying tyres!
hehe, but on the plus side, it's not as if flying tyres where not a frequent occurance with the standard layout. Some have even been investigated by the military as possible UFO's...
LOL yeah =)

Working on one of the military comms site we have had a few calls for this because the tyre flew parallel to the M40 over our site =)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG