The online racing simulator
HEEEEELP My thrustmaster wheel crashes my pc
Hy, i'm just sick about this.
I have an AMD 64 3500+
1GB Ram
2 sata1 hd
450watts power unit

Everytime i use my Thrustmaster Enzo Ferrari force feedback wheel, my pc reboots after 20/30 minutes.
TS Technical support told me it's the usb power option that says Allow computer to turn off etc etc. i disabled that, and i also bought a powered usb hub... u know what? the rebooting problem is gone but now after some minutes the wheel goes all the way right and at full throttle, so i have to disconnect and reconnect it.

Considering that i also have some modding stuff:
3 blue led 8 cm fan
2 30 cm neon tubes
1 red/green/blue led 12 cm fan
red light sata cable

What u suggest me to do?
Do u think that modding is the problem? i could install some switches to turn off modding while i play... mah... waiting for suggestions, i can't take no more!
HI, what graphics card do u have?
A 450W PSU with all this hardware and modding on it might not be enough.

You could try removing the one hard disk and all these fans and generally remove as much hardware as you can to lighten up your PSU strain.
Then connect the wheel directly to the pc, not via the USB hub and start LFS and some testing. If all go well it seems that it is a psu problem.

About the auto-restarts problems now.
Right click on My Computer and select Properties.
Go to the Advanced tab and on the last section named "Startup & recovery" click on settings.
Now, to the section "System Failure" uncheck the "Automatically Restart" option.

Now, if a system failure occurs instead of auto-restarting, you'll get a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) with some useful info about the failure.

Try these and post again with the results to see if we'll get something.
Quote:

"About the auto-restarts problems now.
Right click on My Computer and select Properties.
Go to the Advanced tab and on the last section named "Startup & recovery" click on settings.
Now, to the section "System Failure" uncheck the "Automatically Restart" option"

Already done, as the Thrustmaster technical support told me, the situation got better, but even if later the problem still there.
They also suggested me the hub

Now i disconnected the 12 cm fan and 2 8cm and i'm going to test.

talking about the hub, it's a powered one, with his ac adapter, but it gives me the locking trouble. I'm going to bring it back to the shop and change it with something else.

By the way, if u tell me that a 600 watts psu could solve this i will buy it.
Thank u for the quick answer.
No, I'm not telling that the psu IS the problem.
I just suspect this might be it.

Don't spend your money for no reason buying a new PSU if you're not sure that this is the problem. I'm just dropping some ideas on the table.
By the way just removing the two fans alone is not enough. Remove as much hardware as you can to test....

So you already have disabled the auto restart feature and instead of getting a BSOD you're getting a restart?

Then, PSU really might be the problem, cause in all cases of an error you should see an error message or a BSOD. If the machine restarts no matter the above seeting, the most probable thing might be lack of power supply.
Conclusion
I disconnected everything, i only left a fan (the system one)...
The problem stills there!!!
The powered hub solved the problem, so i think is the psu.
But u know what?
I decided to sell on ebay my wheel, and to buy a DFP.
Then i'll see what happens, if it will reboot again, i'll change the psu.
No more money wasting on shit!
With all the money spent several times buying things with brands like: hercules, trust, thrustmaster etc etc. i could have a pro driving station by now
Fortunately i built my pc with very good stuff (everything but the psu seems)

Thanks a lot for your help!
if it runs for 20/30 mins before it does anthing it will be unlikely to be the psu. that psu should be more than enough for your rig. + wheel .
I found the problem! Tonight i played for about 1 hour and a half.
Yesterday evening i had care to turn off and disconnect the wheel. So... this piece of s@@t just becomes hot and starts absorbing huge quantities of energy and messes up.
Thrustmaster told me it's my pc and don't want to substitute my wheel.... just sc@@w themselves, in 10 days i will have a brand new g25, then we eill see if it's my pc...
My pc is not a monster, but i bought good quality stuff and then assembled bymyself
ASROCK motherboard with 1000mgz fsb
2x512 pc 533
amd athlon 64 3500 +
ati radeon x1300 256 ddr2
2x maxtor sata hd
450 w psu
i think it's a good machine.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG