The online racing simulator
Veryvery low fps (0,3fps)
(11 posts, started )
#1 - Kurdt
Hello\hi all.
I have big trouble:
I show LFS to my friend and he very like it. He buy LFS S2, and start race on-offline. Fps on his computer when he start playing been 90-100 (with 11 bot's minimum 40-50), but soon he's fps going down about 10-15 with full grind, but he think viruses guilty in this trouble. And he ask me to reinstall he's system.
I come to his house and format hard drive and install all new Windows SP2. I download all new drivers ti videocard and directx.
Then we download new LFS installer - install game - start and @#$@ fps with full grind (bot's) 0.3 - 1. Then we reduce number of bot's - FPS with 6 bot's 1-3.
I try to change graphic to very low or middle, but it's not improve fps, max to 3-4.
It's all very strange because before lfs work good on this computer. And Windows and driver's all new.
System spec's:
CPU - P4 3.0 Ghz
RAM - 1Gb
Video - Gefroce 6600 128 mb, PCI-e.
Detonator - 93.71
DirectX - 9.0c feb 2007
He don't change any hardware or coolling system or something else.
Please help us, my friend veryvery wnat play LFS!
P.S. If i forget some data about pc or system plz note me, and i print all here.
Firstly go check DirectX to see if the following are enabled :

Type dxdiag in START -> RUN
DirectDraw Accel.
Direct3D Accel.
AGP Texture Accel.

If one of those or all of those are not enabled, go check if you have full hardware acceleration on @

Control Panel -> Display -> Settings -> Advanced -> Troubleshoot

Make sure its turned up full, other then that I really have no idea as to why its slow, thats all i can think of!
And make sure you do not switch off Hardware Vertex Shading in LFS (bottom of Graphics Options).

Without HVS, frame rate will be low. That option should probably be removed now, switching off HVS can only help with very old graphics cards. All new and middle aged graphics cards run LFS much faster with HVS switched on.
#4 - Kurdt
I look all options set normal - accel max, directdraw 3d and agp set to on. Thx 4 help anyway. Somebody have another ideas?
#5 - robt
does everything else run fine and at normal speeds and fps? Might give a few clues as to the problem.
#6 - Kurdt
HVS option set on. We will try another game later, now we don't have any other games.
#7 - CSU1
Wtf are bot's?
I'd say its his motherboard. Those are about the exact specs I run, but My LFS is quite good. He could always do a defrag, see if that helps. Its just a case of trial and error.

@CSU, he means the AI.
#9 - CSU1
Quote from mcintyrej :@CSU, he means the AI.

AhA! Benchmark it and kick teh hell out of it to see if it works
when you reinstalled his system, did you download all the motherboard drivers for his exact chipset? from the makers site?

Do other games or benchmarks run ok?

SD.
I've found this approach works -

1 Check Scawens suggestion

2 Check your running all the correct motherboard drivers.

3 Check that there are no errors under device manager.

4 Check that antialiasing & antiscopic settings aren't maxed out.

5 Try a clean ( new download ) version of LFS

6 Get drunk. ( Sometimes taking a break will remind the brain cells of something missed )

Use the time to check the board for more suggestions

repeat

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG