The online racing simulator
mates@track II for LFS S2
(29 posts, started )
mates@track II
the ultimate lfs-buddy (mate) browser application for windows...

this tool shows you the on-/offline status of your buddies in LFS S2 (like mates@track for S1 did).
you have also a server list and you can directly join to the server where your mates are on or just join a server in the included server list.

Quote :
mates@track II - Feature list

version 0.7.3.5
-------------

- main-form: 3 areas
a) mate list
b) server list
c) player list (who is on the selected server)
- join to server via mate and/or server (also with password)
- passwords of servers are saved
- devide mates into groups
- online server-data:
a) # servers overall
b) # servers in list (on/off)
c) # servers with players
d) # servers with mates
- server list sortable (all columns)
- server filter (occupied, empty, private, ....)
- hide server-/player-list (dedicated to Octrin.Lupo)
- highlight ticker (per country or all highlights)
- starting LFS (without params)
- LFS World statistics via Webbrowser
- refresh interval customizable
- auto-refresh disables when LFS is running
- multilanguage (standard: english and german => customizable!)
- kontextmenu (right-click)
- deactivation of not available buttons
- add a mate via player list
- sound signal when mate goes on-/offline
- window position saved
- areas saved (server-/player liste height, ...)
- trayicon

Enjoy m@t2 and post comments here!

Download mates@track II - beta v 0.7.3.5
greetingx,
cr4zy!C3
Nice work cr4zy!

One comment though - I still find the icons on the mates area clunky to use Unfortunately I dont know how you'd arrange them any better...
thanks alot for this, AWESOME TOOL
somehting that maybe good if its not already implemnted,

like MSN messenger when one of your buddies comes online it pops up a little window at the bottom right just to tell you there username is online.

take alook at the attachment
Attached images
online.jpg
Again, great tool. :up:
Very useful.
tool is still in development, sao i consider all of you ideas and try to impolement them!
thanx for the nice words
Now i don't know this tool yet and i don't know what your capabilities are, but here is an idea:

Once you know that you're driving a league, something like a reminder system.

I sign in at the LFS Example League Site, and i get accepted. Now at their site i can choose wheter or not i want to have the program "example@name" made by anyone, which i have installed in windows, reminding me of when i need to go to track. Because especially when driving more then one league or being totally busy 24/7 - that could come in usefull.

All of a sudden in the middle of being working: "ping" - the above mentioned pop up like msn style saying: you've a league race in 1 hour at Blackwood GP in the Gti at your league server. (league server being typed as the name of the server of your league). Then at the same time under that little info block: "click here for more details" and it will tell you who is online already doing practises or what are the actual pb's of your rivals etc etc

Whatever - probably a useless idea, or I'm just ahead of my time?
nice idea...
but it has not really something to do with m@t

but the idea is really nice!
#9 - tpa
I would LOVE it if the ping to the servers was also shown in the list. Would be enough if the server's ping showed up only after you've marked it on the list. That would save time updating the list.

I also noticed a bug:
I tried to join a server from m@t but when in LFS I got some error msg that I'll try to remeber next time I notice that bug
So I had to search the player I was looking for in LFS and then I had no problems joining that server from within LFS. Maybe it was because the server name was colored (blue...)?
Quote from CrazyICE :nice idea...
but it has not really something to do with m@t

but the idea is really nice!

hehe as i said i don't know this proggie
Quote from tpa :I would LOVE it if the ping to the servers was also shown in the list. Would be enough if the server's ping showed up only after you've marked it on the list. That would save time updating the list.

I also noticed a bug:
I tried to join a server from m@t but when in LFS I got some error msg that I'll try to remeber next time I notice that bug
So I had to search the player I was looking for in LFS and then I had no problems joining that server from within LFS. Maybe it was because the server name was colored (blue...)?

maybe u can reproduce this error and tell me which server it was and what kind of error message u got...
and the pinging-thingy:
this was postulated before...
i have to ask scawen or victor how to ping those servers...
cause for that i need the IP address and port, i think....
NICE!! This is so cool! It's like Xfire, but designed specially for LFS..

Thank you!
Quote from Phill :NICE!! This is so cool! It's like Xfire, but designed specially for LFS..

Thank you!

and it was "a-live" before XFire (since S1...)

the ping-thingy:
i asked victor and he told me that it is not possible to ping the server outside LFS it self...
so, sorry guys, this feature will not be in mates@track in the future...maybe in S3, but i doubt!
Great tool!

Is it possible to move mates from one group to other? (only delete mate and create again in other group works for me)

Idea: it will be nice to see what car online people driving - on servers with all cars enabled I don't know what cars are in race before join
Quote from Pablo.CZ :Great tool!

Is it possible to move mates from one group to other? (only delete mate and create again in other group works for me)

Idea: it will be nice to see what car online people driving - on servers with all cars enabled I don't know what cars are in race before join

maybe i implemet the function of moving mates...so, i think this will be soon available...

and i cannot get the car which player drives, sorry!
Another thumbs up, CrazyICE, this is an excellent program that I use a lot.

It appears after a certain time to lock up, the list will not be updated. I close it and open it again and the correct current list will then be shown. I don't know what sort of time scale we're talking about, it's only when I think 'Hmmm, that hasn't changed in a while'
Maybe it's when I am running LFS as well, with m@t showing on a 2nd monitor, to look out for mates. (Using software firewall)
if you are running LFS, m@t2 don't update the status...
because this update process produced some little lags in the S1 version at some PCs...

i don't know if this would be the same with m@t2 but i implemented it as well. also the sounds would be played...

so, if you want to use m@t2 on a second monitor while playing LFS, nothing will happen and no updates/refreshes will be done, sorry!

maybe i should make this chooseable
we'll see...
Program is very good and useful to me but I have encountered two annoying (for me ) situations:

1. If program is minimized to tray you can't do anything with the icon, not even shut it down, you have to maximize it and than close

2. When I run the program I extend my buddy list but program collapses it every time it refreshes
yes...going to create a trayicon-menu and think about the collapse-thing!
Quote from CrazyICE :maybe i implemet the function of moving mates...so, i think this will be soon available...

Any chance of new version? :magnify:
not yet...still testing and coding
Quote from prophet.est :It gives me sometimes some errors.. like this one here: http://www.hot.ee/prophetfiles/matesattrackerr.jpg

And sometimes I get some *.dll errors.. I can't understand german, so what's the problem?

hmmm...dll errors?
maybe it has something to do with the http connection...
going to test...
do you know when those things happen, so i can reproduce it?
They happen occasionally
hmmm...
so it's very, very difficult to find out what it causes...

(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG