The online racing simulator
A little app request
[SHAMELESS BEGGING]Johnathan Russ at OLFSLTV and a new project involving me and some other people have a dinky little app request.

We're not looking for anything silly, we're just looking for an autodirector. It doesn't need to work in shift-U - all it needs to do is just basically find the action and go to that LFS TV camera. If it can go to the custom cameras of the dude running it, great, if not, we don't care.[/SHAMELESS BEGGING]
I'm 60% sure that there was something that already did this... It may've been something peeps threw together a few years ago though...
Quote from the_angry_angel :I'm 60% sure that there was something that already did this... It may've been something peeps threw together a few years ago though...

Quote from Traxxion :noobTV by Frankmd might be what you're looking for

IIRC noobTV can't run in the background with LFS Full-screened - I don't think it is "action detecting".
Quote from duke_toaster :IIRC noobTV can't run in the background with LFS Full-screened - I don't think it is "action detecting".

IIRC it can - with two screens, but it doesn't look for 'the action' by itself...

AR
Quote from rediske : but it doesn't look for 'the action' by itself...

That part was the point
There is/was an app called something like LFS MM which analyzed mprs the way you'd like (accidents, close fights) but I can't remember who created that. Maybe you could contact the author once you've found out who the person is.
Hi,

I've coded a part of LFS Movie Maker by Peeps, that could analyse the replays to detect the "Hot moments".
This part was included in LFS Movie Maker and scan the replay. It was not done in real time.

If I find this old code, I'll try to put it in a stand-alone app that could point the camera directly to the player that in involved in hot moments.

But I think I have to add some features or thresholds, because at start of a race, all players are to neer each others so the cam will focus about 10 car in a second

I'm actually working on an InSim app for the LFSFrance leagues, so I'm a little busy. I'll try to do my best to make the 2 things in the same time
Quote from rediske :but it doesn't look for 'the action' by itself...

Are you sure about that? I thought that functionality was already implemented, triggered by yellow flags... if not then I'm sure Frank is planning to implement it in the future

Anyway, I'll point him to this thread when I see him.
Quote from duke_toaster :[SHAMELESS BEGGING]Johnathan Russ at OLFSLTV and a new project involving me and some other people have a dinky little app request.

We're not looking for anything silly, we're just looking for an autodirector. It doesn't need to work in shift-U - all it needs to do is just basically find the action and go to that LFS TV camera. If it can go to the custom cameras of the dude running it, great, if not, we don't care.[/SHAMELESS BEGGING]

hello Duke,

look here for the LfS TV director. With this project I have started programming exactly such a tool. Currently it is still proof of concept but I am improving it consecutively. The next version will support all tracks and a possibility to place your own camera positions. I will add camera files for at least the aston tracks, and add more files in later versions. I also considered about the current LfS TV cameras (not shift-U mode) but there are some issues I would have to find solutions for. That's why I am working in shift-U mode, so I have complete control over camera switsches.

regards
Sören

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG