Is it liv for speed or laiv for speed??? English and Finnish ""only""
I said it's laiv for speed but it's sounds funny :P

But liv is correct? Right?
#2 - Osco
liv
it's liv.
laiv is just wrong
#4 - axus
My head hurts all of a sudden. I know that's off topic, just thought I'd mention it. It was probably pure coincidence that it started hurting as I read the first post.

EDIT: Oh, you mean pronounce? Spell is how you write it out. Pronounce is how you say it. It's liv, yeah.
Quote from axus :My head hurts all of a sudden. I know that's off topic, just thought I'd mention it. It was probably pure coincidence that it started hurting as I read the first post.

Just relax!
just say 100 times live for speed! then its better ^^
#6 - JTbo
liv being verb and laiv being adjective ?

Live feed for example where Live describes what kind of feed is adjective.

Maybe that is behind of it or maybe not, I'm not very good with language stuff.

axus, maybe you need to check if you get enough minerals?
Quote from JTbo :Live feed for example where Live describes what kind of feed is adjective.

By this line, it looks like you pronounce it live as in "alive." Which is wrong, that doesn't make any sense. The corrent pronounciation would be live as in "he lives in that house." Two different words, spelled the same way, but pronounced differently and have slightly different meanings. IIRC, this was brought up a year or two ago.
There was a ridiculously massive debate about this last year. Please let's not resurrect that entire discussion thread once more, it's as dull and pointless today as it was originally.
#9 - JTbo
Quote from MAGGOT :By this line, it looks like you pronounce it live as in "alive." Which is wrong, that doesn't make any sense. The corrent pronounciation would be live as in "he lives in that house." Two different words, spelled the same way, but pronounced differently and have slightly different meanings. IIRC, this was brought up a year or two ago.

This is how I prononce them:
LFS goes by "he lives in that house." (verb)

Live feed goes by "alive." (adjective)

That way different meaning also, this is how I have thought it quite long time ago, but don't know if I have got different versions of live right?
#11 - JTbo
Quote from JTbo :This is how I prononce them:
LFS goes by "he lives in that house." (verb)

Live feed goes by "alive." (adjective)

That way different meaning also, this is how I have thought it quite long time ago, but don't know if I have got different versions of live right?

Yes, are you right.
#13 - JTbo
Quote from Michael Denham :Yes, are you right.

I don't know, we just say 'äläfäs' here so much simplier and does not mean anything to rest of world
I tend to abbreviate it to "Elfs" (all one word). Then I can visit Elfs-World and read my Elfs-Messages, or browse Elfs-Websites
Man, where is one of those fun "When will we get an update" threads, so we don't have to endure post after post on how to pronounce a sim name...
Liv For Spid
people who doubt the pronunciation of "Live for speed" should stay in school
Quote from Blas89 :Liv For Spid

Shoot, I'll not be able to refer to it as anything else now
Quote from mikey_G :people who doubt the pronunciation of "Live for speed" should stay in school

+1
Lif for Spid in Spanish
I think we've covered all angles of this fascinating debate here now. Next up, a dog that skateboards.
This thread is closed

How u spell Live for speed?? [pronounce]
(24 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG