The online racing simulator
#1 - lerts
why with automatic shifting i have to downshift manually in corners
i usuall y find myself when using automatic shift coming out of corners on 4th gear so i have to downshift manually to 3rd gear

is there anyway to solve this?
#2 - Jakg
Use a manual?

Auto = slow for a reason
#3 - CSU1
Quote from lerts :i usuall y find myself when using automatic shift coming out of corners on 4th gear so i have to downshift manually to 3rd gear

is there anyway to solve this?

Hi Lerts, what do you use? wheel or kb/mouse?
The sooner you start using manual, the better.

Believe me, you will HAVE to use manual shifting later to be competitive. Everybody will fly away from you on the straights otherwise. I made that experience.

Better learn using manual right now.
Try to understand a manual transmission as early aged as possible. Like sombody said, the sooner, the better. You have more control over your car, as to when to shift, and when not to. You can also take advantage of the clutch feature (unelss thats in auto? ive never tryed it).

Heres one thing to know, you dont ALWAYS get the best acceleration when you shift at redline, or as high rpm as possible.

You want to shift, right after the powerband dies out (usualy before redlline), so that when you get into next gear, you can still land in the powerband. On some cars, you dont notice the difference, but with the XRG (the non turbo rear wheeld rive car in Demo), you notice it at the backstraight on the Backwood track.

Good luck. Ive never liked the auto, especialy for racing. Sure, in real life, if its a daily driver, and your not an auto enthusiast, and you just use your car to get from A to B, then its different. But usualy, real enthusiasts tend to like manual better, because its more fun, and you have a LOT more control over the car.
#6 - joen
Definitely use manual. It's more fun, it's faster, it's more realistic.
#7 - robt
im using auto (just to anoy u zeug, u see auto isnt THAT slow) and keys, i find u just gotta get used to manualy downshifting to the limit that the auto box wil let you. doesnt work too badly. (sorry for poor spelling, in a rush!)
You would have to do much more to annoy me.
That's because LFS only has automatic shifting. No automatic transmission.
Argh!

If you also get Kalev now, you got me.
As if I would deliberately annoy my 9th favourite SCCC member.

OK 10th favourite.
Who is behind me?

Tukko and ... ?
automatic shifting only shifts while hitting the gas pedal and hitting the gas while in need of downshifting don't make any sense (:

forget about automatic stuff
thanks guys ill try manual

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG