The online racing simulator
I have an idea...
(10 posts, started )
I have an idea...
but i have no real experience with make PC gadgets. would it be possible to get for example a PS2 controller. take out the digi-analogue buttons. then get a mouse take off the stupid digital buttons, merge them together and voi-la a sort of digi-analogue mouse. great for LFS mouse users. anybody ever done this or thought about it? it's been on my mind all week but i have not got the experience in making PC accessories which is probably required to make this.
You could cheat...buy a cheap mouse and a PS2 replica gamepad (recommend logitech dual action usb) and take them both apart. Buy a project box from an electronics store and just whack both PCB's in the box, cut appropriate holes, add switches/buttons and voila! The ugliest mouse you ever saw! lol
Hehe. I see what you're getting at though, would be no good for browsing but the best ever mouse for racing.

The main issue as I see it is if you're going to spend money creating such a device, you could just go to a shop and buy a wheel.
i know that. but, imagine the profit you could get if you made it an official product. i might look into it more with my physics teacher(he likes electroncis and stuff) then send off a patent to logitech or somone.
Quote from BenjiMC :imagine the profit you could get if you made it an official product.

I'm trying. Who's your end market? What sort of person does this appeal to? Sim racers without room for a wheel on their desk, or (meaning no disrespect) without (working) legs seems like a pretty niche market.
yup. also people that cannot afford a decent wheel. such as myself. it's the future of gaming!! .

maybe it could be an official add-on from the lfs devs?
Stole your idea.

Race me to the patent office!

Kidding, I like your idea though. I've always wanted a more robust mouse. Stuff like a small analog control, like the PSP has, for my thumb. More buttons, put in the right places, is always nice.
well in that case i may have to kill you
Just go to GAME and get an adapter, then use your PS2 controller, £10 aint a lot. Or just buy a gamepad for the PC.
I dont want a game pad though, they suck. Mouse ftw, and if i can get it analog it'd be the ultimate, maybe even better than a wheel?

I have an idea...
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG