The online racing simulator
LAN Server option - No OOS
(7 posts, started )
I think that you should be able to disable certain Out Of Sync errors that cause you to be auto-kicked. Like, a server command '/OOS ENG' would toggle OOS - ENG checking? It would make LFS tweak alot more fun. But this should ONLY be an option on LAN servers.
LFS Tweak works fine over LAN if you swap the .twk files anyway. If you don't have those .twk files, how is LFS supposed to drive the car inbetween the packets? It just won't work.
Yep, no synchro over networks means your game is going out of whack pretty easily.
Quote from Bob Smith :LFS Tweak works fine over LAN if you swap the .twk files anyway. If you don't have those .twk files, how is LFS supposed to drive the car inbetween the packets? It just won't work.

Well, on LAN the latency should be really low, wouldn't it?
#5 - Jakg
Multi-Player works by sending inputs, right?

So your car has 1500 hp, when LFS is used to a 250 HP XRT

How is that gonna work?!
Quote from Jakg :Multi-Player works by sending inputs, right?

I think it works by positions, but don't quote me on it.
#7 - ajp71
Quote from duke_toaster :I think it works by positions, but don't quote me on it.

No it doesn't, it only checks positions every so often. What makes LFS so much smoother than other sims is it doesn't try and constantly send the position of the car which results in cars that move jerkily all over the place.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG