The online racing simulator
Detroit Diesel in LFS
(17 posts, started )
Detroit Diesel in LFS
I will have a full-blown video with several different diesel engines eventually. This is just a little preview clip, mpeg4 encoded.

8.1l V8, 600lb/ft@~1900RPM, 250HP@~2400rpm. Weight with all passengers=4500lb. MONSTER TORQUE! LFS suprisingly sounds good with that engine.

No, this is not LFSTweak. No, I won't be giving anyone instructions on how to do this, so don't PM me (Except for certain people lol).
Attached files
detroitDiesel_mpeg4.zip - 1.3 MB - 283 views
That was the most booring video I've ever seen..
Then whats the point of uploading this then?
Quote from lehegarat :Then whats the point of uploading this then?

To tease people that I have an XRG with an 8.1L Inline 8 and they dont?
#6 - Bosse
Quote from wheel4hummer :To tease people that I have an XRG with an 8.1L Inline 8 and they dont?

And that's not "wasting forum resources" as you said earlier to lehegarat then?
I suppose this is a lame thread. Sry.
#8 - JTbo
Quote from wheel4hummer :To tease people that I have an XRG with an 8.1L Inline 8 and they dont?

Decide which one it is I-8 or V-8

Did you manage to get it sound good at idle too, 600rpm I guess?

Make I-6 Cummings engine next then, like this, too bad they have to spoil all clips with music
Quote from JTbo :Decide which one it is I-8 or V-8

Did you manage to get it sound good at idle too, 600rpm I guess?

Make I-6 Cummings engine next then, like this, too bad they have to spoil all clips with music

I don't know how to modift the idle RPM... rofl
#10 - JTbo
Quote from wheel4hummer :I don't know how to modift the idle RPM... rofl

Well, then you need to learn a bit first

I remember LFS Tweak had possibility to alter idle speed of one point, or do I remember wrong?
Quote from JTbo :Well, then you need to learn a bit first

I remember LFS Tweak had possibility to alter idle speed of one point, or do I remember wrong?

This has nothing to do with LFS Tweak. Same concept though.
#12 - JTbo
Quote from wheel4hummer :This has nothing to do with LFS Tweak. Same concept though.

Yes, I know. Should be possible to do same things as with Tweak too, problem being naturally 'where'.
-
(Bosse) DELETED by Bosse
Quote from JTbo :Yes, I know. Should be possible to do same things as with Tweak too, problem being naturally 'where'.

LFS Tweak alters car files which are encrypted for all non-demo cars. Class types (which MechaniK uses) are non-encrypted and easy to modify AFAIK the idle speed is in the car files not the class restrictions, which are easy to modify in the memory if you know how.
Quote from Markz :How do we know this is real and not just a regular XRG video with a diesel sound pasted in from a different source?

I suppose we don't but TBH it'd be easier to put it in LFS than overlay a sound over it.
loooooooooooooooooool

loooooooooooooooooooool

thats the funnyest thing iv ever EVER seen on lfs in my entire lfs histroy..

DIESEL!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Congrats, your retarded, how does it fill?
Haha this had no torque at all… seems to be to a normal xrg…
It’s a dub or a really destroyed edit_eng

Detroit Diesel in LFS
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG