The online racing simulator
where is exhaust gas??
(16 posts, started )
where is exhaust gas??
thats stupid.. no exhaust gas??
and you'd think someone as smart as yourself would maybe be able to use the search button? or maybe go to the really big suggestions thread and press ctrl+5 and type in exhaust gas?
ALL of my laptimes would get at least 1 second quicker if there was exhaust gas effects in LFS.

+100000000000
Not to mention if I threw on a fartcan... oh man the time I'd drop! :hbomb:
i like this idea, but only if either one, the car was turbo charged and you boosted wrong so a puff of black/white smoke came out like irl, or, black smoke would come out if your car was severly damaged. but first, i want better damage! WOOT
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :the car was turbo charged and you boosted wrong so a puff of black/white smoke came out like irl, or, black smoke would come out if your car was severly damaged. but first, i want better damage! WOOT

rrrrright lol
#7 - amp88
Quote from wheel4hummer :ALL of my laptimes would get at least 1 second quicker if there was exhaust gas effects in LFS.

+100000000000

Well, actually...they used to pass the exhaust gases out from special exits in the diffuser in some F1 cars because it provided a little extra downforce. Not a second a lap, obviously, but a small amount nonetheless.
Quote from amp88 :Well, actually...they used to pass the exhaust gases out from special exits in the diffuser in some F1 cars because it provided a little extra downforce. Not a second a lap, obviously, but a small amount nonetheless.

Cool, I didn't know that!
Basically using the exhaust gases to re-vitalise the airflow in the diffuser then? Neat idea I think the older Lister Storm LMP used a similar theory, too.
#10 - JTbo
Polluting is no no so cars do have 0 emission engines naturally
uhh... what exhaust gas....?

all of LFS's tracks are in fairly warm places so you dont really see exhaust, the only time i've seen exhaust gas (when its not freezing outside)
1: diesels do it.. but there are no diesels in LFS

wait are you talking about the smoke... or flames?
Quote from XCNuse :uhh... what exhaust gas....?

all of LFS's tracks are in fairly warm places so you dont really see exhaust, the only time i've seen exhaust gas (when its not freezing outside)

V8 Supercars give off a nice haze of exhaust gas under heavy acceleration which can be seen in even the hottest conditions. Maybe some of the GTRs in LFS would do similar in real life...

Here's a very short video with no sound displaying the exhaust diffuser on an early '90s Ferrari taken from Formula 1 Saga.
Quote from XCNuse :uhh... what exhaust gas....?

i mean smoke what coming out to exhaust
lol I figured, just double checking though
I think exhaust gas is not really a thing the devs need to work on. Unless Drifter[fin] is talking about this
anway, i saw these neat little glow effects from the breaking lights in the earlier versions of lfs, why oh why are they removed?
A little eye-candy can't be wrong...

Regards

where is exhaust gas??
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG