The online racing simulator
Sky Broadband Router
(16 posts, started )
Sky Broadband Router
Hi,

Recently i have changed from Orange Broadband to Sky Broadband and in this process we have been given another Netgear Router. Meaning i have to log into the router to make a few ports so i can run a LFS Server from my computer. But we havent been given a password so i was wondering is the router locked?

Thanks

Dmwright

EDIT: Heading Sky Broadband Router
#2 - Bean0
Netgear defaults are admin and password iirc, it'll probably say in the manual for the router.
On my router both name and password default is: admin
Try it I think it should work!
tried and tht doesnt work
#5 - TiJay
Call 'em up and ask.
ok,

but when we called up to buy sky broardband they sent a letter with Username and password for the router but another letter came saying the line hadnt cleared yet. After we re activated it, we got another letter with just the Username and no password???
Quote from TiJay :Call 'em up and ask.

That's always my last resort...
When I have a problem and I absolutely have to call them I have to wait 30 mins, then I get reset automatically, which means I have to call them again and wait at least 20 mins, to talk to the person 10 mins before getting reset again. Then I have to call them, wait 20 mins, vent on them and then make them SWEAR that they'll call me back when the connection gets reset.
Think yourself lucky. Our Sky BB live date was the 12th and our router still isn't receiving a signal. Apparently there's a fault with our local exchange and it could be another 2 weeks before it's up and working properly! :doh:
#9 - Bean0
Quote from dmwright :ok,

but when we called up to buy sky broardband they sent a letter with Username and password for the router but another letter came saying the line hadnt cleared yet. After we re activated it, we got another letter with just the Username and no password???

It won't matter if the line is active or not for you to get into the routers admin menu.
user: admin
pass: sky
yeh that worked thankyou
Sky messed up my migration for 3 months. They said line wasn't activated but it was!!! Took 3 months for the halfwits to admit they were wrong, so I changed ISP's. The username and password they sent is for the account details in the router. The router will also tell you if the line is active. I would just put your details in and see if it connects.
To hell with all these half wit monkies that think they have a clue when it comes to broadband and what not. They all jump on the bandwagon trying to offer the latest and greatest, but more then half cant keep up with it all.

Good ol' NTL has never let me down!
I've gotta say I feel sorry for anyone in England with an internet connection, it sounds like there isn't a single company who has any idea what they're doing. I've never had any problems even close to that here in the states, I feel sorry for you guys.
Quote :it sounds like there isn't a single company who has any idea what they're doing

This is largely true, but it's also true of end users who dont have a clue what's involved. This is the problem, because for the most part it's end users who find their way into support departments, either that or call centres in developing countries that use scripts. In either case most wont even know what a Radius server is, or how the British broadband franchise system works. It doesn't matter though, because support to end users is an utterly tertiary consideration of business in the UK.

The States definately does handle customer services better than Britain.
Quote from Becky Rose :most wont even know what a Radius server is, or how the British broadband franchise system works

A somewhat irrelevant point to make in context to most home network access or broadband scenarios, but yes elegantly put as usual

Sky Broadband Router
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG