The online racing simulator
Red Momo pedals stuck
(9 posts, started )
#1 - GabbO
Red Momo pedals stuck
Hi.
First: i google-d searched, nothing helped. Maybe someone has an answer.

Problem:
All happened all-sudden, everything worked 4 year since now without probs.
While driving, rarely it happens (10 mins, 1/2h) that i the gaspedal gets stuck by ca. 50%. And it stays so until i press the pedal again. And it stucks always at this level. Then it's again good for 20 or more laps.
Also the buttons weren't reacting sometimes(not for periods, just it didn't recognised 3 presses out of 10), but it seems this disappeared by self.

I screwed the pedal up, cleaned everything, no change (and checked if nothing's broke). reinstalled drivers, no change. Tried it on my laptop too, same problem.

Anyone ideas? Pls, i have a league race with the FO8 at South City, where you just don't have the time to react also to wheel probs...

Thanks
is the throttle/brake combined? I have a MoMo black. I have no problems, exept with patch Q the brake was nuts like you said the throttle is on your wheel/ pedals
try increasing/lowering the throttle/brake center
#3 - GabbO
Ok, this hint i forgot, of course it is seperated
@Zippy almost all logitech pedals can be seperate you just need to go to windows control panel,game controllers, properties, advanced, and uncheck combined.

@Gabbo If you pedal is physically getting stuck half way, all I can suggest is to open you pedals up again and move the spring from the brake pedal over to the gas (removing the gas spring completely), then get a squashball and put it in the little circle where the brake pedal used to be, use some tape to keep it there,then reassemble. The squashball mod will give you a better brake feel and the old brake spring should keep your gas pedal working.

Dont forget to go into LFS and recalibrate all axis and then lock before testing.

If I have read it wrong and your HW is moving fine but the output is getting stuck half way (not the pedal) then it sounds to me like you have a damaged cable or plug.

Hope this helps

SD.
#5 - GabbO
It's not a physical problem, and it's funny that it happens only so uncommon.
But when it happens in the race, i'm doomed.

I try to make everything clear.
The pedal moves OK, nevertheless i opened and cleaned everything.
It seems, that in LFS the pedal indicator "forgets" to follow my feets commands. Usually when i get off the gas and hit the brake. It stays at a certain level, until i realise it, and press the pedal again.

Btw: Yesterday i drove a complete race simulation without it occured. (~70 laps at So4, 1,5 hours racing) Let's hope i have so much luck also in the real race.

I just don't have any clue...
When in the calibration screen give the cables a wiggle I have found the logi cables inner cores are really thin and prone to breakages, if you find you get spiking when you wiggle the cable or the plug then you might be able to set the cables a certain way to prevent this during your race , however if it gets bad like mine did, it will need rewiring.

SD.

Could it also be a sticky pot? maybe but I doubt it

SD
Hello,
it seems to me, that you have "almost broken" some wire. It is hard to discover it. Try to check all your wires, wire by wire. The shematics for your Momo Force are at this page. Try to move wires, when checking.
#8 - GabbO
I'm really confused by now...
Drove a complete race simulation without problems(except for a wear out button that i use for manual clutch, which won't register all of my instructions, but i'll replace that later), and today the league race went also very well. Maybe i had a semi-lucky day (race was a disaster, but not cause the wheel), or some magic elves visited my Momo yesterday. Anyway, thanks for the wiring shemata, if it re-appears, i will at least know how to fix it.

Dave: definiately no problem with the pot mechanics, that was the first i checked.

Edit: Wiggeling didn't show any errors/peaks/movement, so i'm really perplexed...
@SparkyDave: I keep my pedals combined for most games(some do not support seprated pedals)

Red Momo pedals stuck
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG