The online racing simulator
2 cars / different skins
(9 posts, started )
2 cars / different skins
First: I'm a completely noob in Rendering

I wanted to make a scene with two FZRs in it. I've downloaded the Scene from DS-Autos. I copied the Car. (Selected, Strg+C, Strg+V) And moved it to a free position. My problem now is how to apply different skins. I have copied the Material which includes the skin and put my skins on it. So I have two Skin Materials with 2 different skins. I've selected the faces of the body of the one car (the parts including the skin). But when I applied another Material ID to this part (for the second skin) the skin of the other car is changing too.

I really dont have an idea how to do this. Please help me.

Sorry for my English
#2 - Jakg
was just about to make a thread about the same thing!

I don't know, i cannot get it to keep separate no matter how i copy it
#3 - Davo
Open up your material/map browser and select SCENE from the radio buttons. You should have two Multi/Sub Objects, one for each car. Drag the other multi object over to the materials editor and change the skin in there. Voila.
Thx for helping me, but Ive already said Im a noob. Please explain step by step. I dont have two multi/sub objects.
Attached images
Unbenannt-1 Kopie.jpg
#5 - Davo
Ofcourse deh, sorry my mistake. To get two cars you have to use the File.. Merge option and merge the car from the max file and not copy paste. Then you'll have two objects in your mat browser.
I just dont know how to deal with this Material Editor. Would you please be so kind to write a small step by step tutorial how to make a two car scene for a very friendly asking person? Please?

If I merge the other car I dont know what to select, if I apply with these multi/sub objects i dont know what to do. It just doesnt work...

This really would help me and of course the community.
#7 - Davo
Once you've merged your second car in to the scene you will have another multi/sub object in the material/map browser. Just drag it across to an empty slot in the material editor. From your screenshot I can see that you're using brazil for the material editor. To see the material editor properly you'll have to turn off brazil for the material editor, this is done under rendering options in Assign Renderer. Then you'd just select the skin as normal from the correct material ID. Here's a screenshot of what I mean.
Attached images
merge.jpg
Ok. Ive got it. When I was draggin it, I always selected Copy. I selected Instance and it worked. Thx for your help and sorry for stealing your time.

Where can I get some good floor Matrials (e.g. reflecting floor)
#9 - joen
Quote from Anathema :Ok. Ive got it. When I was draggin it, I always selected Copy. I selected Instance and it worked. Thx for your help and sorry for stealing your time.

Actually if you choose instance it will copy the original and any change to (for example) the wheel or skin material on the original will automatically change accordingly on the second car.
If you choose copy, it will just copy and changes to the original will not affect the copied objects.

2 cars / different skins
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG