The online racing simulator
Problem with Ghostcar mod: No path drawn
Hi there,

I just downloaded Kegety's Ghost car mod and I'm having the problem that the ghost car is there but the path of the ghostcar is not drawn. I tried shift+f4ing, as I read in another thread that it's supposed to work, but nothing. The command /ghost drawpath doesn't change anything either (it gives the appropriate messages of path off/on, though). Anybody know what could be the problem?

Thx,

Linsen

btw: My ghost is one converted from a hotlap via the raf to ghost converter. Don't know if that makes a difference, but the same thing worked fine on my old pc and an older LFs patch.
#2 - Jakg
are you running the grun.exe?

do you have the d38ll.dll?
Yep, .dll is there and I tried both, running the grun.exe and enabling ghostcar via /insim 28888. Both works for the car but not for the path .
#4 - Davo
I've had the same problem. Converted from raf and the actual ghost car was below the track surface hence no path. This was oin as1 with XFR. I put it down to the convertor not working properly since I dont use the ghost car often I haven't tried it normally.
Happened to me too

But who to blame? The ghost mod, or the raf converter?
Ghost mod works fine on it's own, but if I feed it with a converted ghost doesn't always work.
It's a problem with the converter. I made up a little utility to offset the Z co-ordinate in a ghost file.

I've attached it, but I'm not supporting it as it doesn't do any error checking or anything.
Attached files
ghost_offset.zip - 7.9 KB - 252 views
Ok, thx guys. I might try your utility, Peptis -- Or I'll simply have to drive the fast laps myself .
#8 - ljuba
I've downloaded ghost_offset but I don't get it how it is working?!? Peptis can You explain it little more plz?
#9 - Davo
Usage:
ghost_offset <infile> <offset>

to raise it 1 metre the ground in dos prompt you'd write for exmaple:
ghost_offset BL1.XFG.ghost 1
Yes but I keep getting this message... what could be wrong?

D:\Igre\LFS\ghostcar>ghost_offset BL1.ljuba.ghost 1
The system cannot execute the specified program.
#11 - Davo
haha I get the same thing. Oh well guess that's why it's not supported.
Quote from ljuba :Yes but I keep getting this message... what could be wrong?

D:\Igre\LFS\ghostcar>ghost_offset BL1.ljuba.ghost 1
The system cannot execute the specified program.

I don't know, it works for me.

I just tried downloading it again to check if the upload was corrupt and it's working here. Only thing I can think of is that I accidentally posted the debug build and you don't have the msvcrt libraries. But shouldn't it say so if that's the case?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG