2 New arenas for auto cross
(61 posts, started )
I know that the title makes it sound like i just want more asphalt to play on (i do but not in this post). In fact this post is a call out for 2 completely different types of arena.

1) nice flat dirt stadium for the rally x guys to play in, maybe with placeable mounds of dirt if the devs see fit. Too few rally x courses for those who like rally X, and an all dirt course would make those knobby tires useful, since on all the other courses people just use hybrids

2) Frozen lake. Yes' im aware this would require new tires, but it's also for the rally x people.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :
1) nice flat dirt stadium for the rally x guys to play in, maybe with placeable mounds of dirt if the devs see fit. Too few rally x courses for those who like rally X, and an all dirt course would make those knobby tires useful, since on all the other courses people just use hybrids

+1. I think thats a Briliant idea

Quote :2) Frozen lake. Yes' im aware this would require new tires, but it's also for the rally x people.

-1. To not Racing-simulator like
I like both ideas. Rally is great fun! :-)
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :I know that the title makes it sound like i just want more asphalt to play on (i do but not in this post). In fact this post is a call out for 2 completely different types of arena.

2) Frozen lake. Yes' im aware this would require new tires, but it's also for the rally x people.

+1 for both, but the lake should be an as well as to 1 or 2 Andros Trophy style ice racing tracks.
Whats not sim about an ice course? There's lots of ice racing in the planet.

+1 to both
#6 - joen
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :

Good idea actually, I don't even think it has been suggested before. That alone is an accomplishment in itself
I'm hoping next incompatible patch will have improved collision detection to get rid of the flying cars in autocross, then I would use it more (yeah I know, just don't hit any barriers).
Ice and dirt arenas.... +111111111111
Quote from MAGGOT :Whats not sim about an ice course? There's lots of ice racing in the planet.

The whole idea of racing on the ice. Dont find that so racing like.

BTW. I need your help Maggot lol. Can i have you messenger?.
Quote from shaGuar :The whole idea of racing on the ice. Dont find that so racing like.

Why not? Looks like they are racing to me!

Quote from wheel4hummer :Why not? Looks like they are racing to me!

Thats snow. Thats fine. if it was what he ment then +1 for that.

Quote :2) Frozen lake.

Actually, thats ice. Andros Ice Racing to be exact.

Cheers,
Matt.
#12 - xgen
I agree on both. I think with new styles of racing more parts and more cars LFS would begin to dominate the market.

I opt for more realistic crash physics instead of the tin can like effects you get now.
phlos was talking about making an ice tyre >_> search his name in google, you will find it
ARH i surrender. +1 for both !
1+
1+ we serius need that for some entertantmant or how you ever spel that wordt
Finally we_ve got you, shaguar ;-)

+1 for both!

greetz

der butz
+10

ice and dirt sounds like alot of fun...
I suggested that the un-used space at Autocross to have an Dirt field (Similar to BL Carpark size) for an all dirt auto-cross arena.

as for the ice lake, id suggest an ice arena, similar thats used in RoC, but again, with placeable objects (Some special stage fun )
Now I'd like to make an escudo a-like to hammer over the ice with spiked tyres!
Bloody hell, can you imagine T1 on ice? /shudder

+1 for both, although I know at least the dirt AU has been suggested before.
rallycross rulez

more dirt for teh masses plz
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :1) nice flat dirt stadium for the rally x guys to play in, maybe with placeable mounds of dirt if the devs see fit. Too few rally x courses for those who like rally X, and an all dirt course would make those knobby tires useful, since on all the other courses people just use hybrids.

+1 but only if the placable mounds are drivable like the normal surface not like the ramps on BL
+1 for both
+1. Dirt arenas can be really fun to Dirt race and rally

(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG