The online racing simulator
using your 3 activation codes ??
Ok, Seeing has you are allowed to have LFS on 3 comps, i want to give one of my activation codes to my brother so we can race online, is this permitted ....

thanks
Mick
You can do that, but you both cannot play online at the same time with the same account. You can play through the LAN with the same account, but playing online is different.
:) :) :) :) :)
K thanks tweaker

Mick
#4 - (SaM)
Tho he isnt allowed to race online with your account. Only you are.
and if he does, go over to him and beat the crap out of him
Quote from (SaM) :Tho he isnt allowed to race online with your account. Only you are.

Maybe there is something that I never saw in the license agreement, but it shouldn't matter who is racing with the license. It is paid for once, so only one session can be used at a time. Who is using it shouldn't matter. It would be like my brother asking me if he could try out my Momo. No you can't only I am allowed to use it. Now the devs do state that they allow you to unlock LFS on 1 other computer so you can race across a lan. I believe they specifically say 1 other computer, so you couldn't use all three of your unlocks to unlock 3 computers. But not sure on that. It's kind of like say Microsoft Office. If you are a licensed user of Microsoft Office, you can legally take it home and install it at home also to use for work. It's just that you are only allowed 1 instance of Office running at any time. So even though I'm licensed at work, I have it at home and noone is using my work PC, so I can be using it at home because of that. That said, I have LFS unlocked at home to race, then occasionally take the replays to work and we watch them at lunchtime. I race with my brother-in-law on occasion.
#7 - (SaM)
Well yea, it does work, it is possible, but the only thing that is said in the agreement is that you can unlock it on your own computer and on another computer to race on a LAN. It didnt say your friend could race online with it.
It's not a huge crime to do so though, in fact alot of people share it, but it's common sense to keep your account to yourself and let someone else buy it if he wants to play S1 or S2.
Just make sure you trust him. If he wanted to, or was stupid enough, he could get you banned from servers.
#9 - Rob76
LFS is great, why not stretch to another 24 quid and both play online against each other?
:)
Cos he`s a tight *rse lol

Oh well his lost..

Might be opening a garage soon, So me customers can play it ,,whilst i fix their car HA HA
Mick

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG