The online racing simulator
Some ideas for new tracks
(27 posts, started )
So heres some ideas for new tracks. This isnt recomending a real track, but ideas for making new ones.

Idea 1: Mabey a mountain pass/touge type of track? Lots of people would love to do touge runs, and this would also be very popular with the drift croud. I think it would be really cool.

Idea 2: A "wet" mode for a select few (or even one) track/s. Probably the most popular track among the drifting croud. Basicly a version of the track, where the road is wet, just like if it just finished raining.

Idea 3: I could personaly care less about this one, but possibly a NASCAR/circle track. Basicly a mile long, oval shaped track, with banked curbs. I personaly think its boring, but theres a lot of people out there who are a fan of this type of racing.

Thats about all i got.
Anyone else wanna chime in?
i'll chime in... a search feature would be nice for the forum too

oh wait... there is one

(sorry lol you'll come across this alot though, this stuff is suggested all the time, and we're all hoping for all 3 of those)
Yeah, i remembered about that right after i hit post, lol. I did scroll down about halfway through the Suggestions page first, if that counts.

Anyways, i read the stickied thread at the top, after i made this topic, and noticed that mountain, and wet tracks were already suggested.

Anyways, i saw a LOT of good ideas there, and some of them wouldnt really be too hard to make

Such as the South City track, but in free mode, where its like intersections. This could be really fun for online/multiplayer. It really wouldnt take much effort.

Another, which would be a louder BOV sound, and more smoke for burnouts. I know that wouldnt be hard to do, and that would just add to the overall fun factor of the game. Its small details like that, that can make it more fun.

Anyways, i sure hope the Touge driving, wet tracks, and the Free roam mode come into S3. That would make for one hell of a game.
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :Such as the South City track, but in free mode, where its like intersections. This could be really fun for online/multiplayer. It really wouldnt take much effort.

You haven't done your research :P This would take a lot of recoding of the graphics engine.
Quote from MAGGOT :You haven't done your research :P This would take a lot of recoding of the graphics engine.

Not exactly. When you select a setup of the track, they could just make it so there are no bariers, for a "free run" option.
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
#6 - joen
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :Not exactly. When you select a setup of the track, they could just make it so there are no bariers, for a "free run" option.

Trust me, it would require a lot of changes. Scawen has explained why in the past. It's not just a case of removing the barriers and all is ready to go.
Quote from joen :Trust me, it would require a lot of changes. Scawen has explained why in the past. It's not just a case of removing the barriers and all is ready to go.

So would it also be a lot more complicated to make a "wet" condition of the track? Just give the visual a... well.. "wet" look, and make the road really slippery. There you go?

I know night time wouldnt be hard, because for every track, theres already clear, cloudy, and sunset. Im sure it wouldnt be that hard to black out the sky, and turn all the lights on.
#8 - Ian.H
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :So would it also be a lot more complicated to make a "wet" condition of the track? Just give the visual a... well.. "wet" look, and make the road really slippery. There you go?

Depends if you have pride in your work. Have you seen GTR2's "wet look"? It looks nothing whatsoever like a wet track, merely a second set of polys with a reflective material assigned to them.. it really looks crap

Regards,

Ian
#9 - joen
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :So would it also be a lot more complicated to make a "wet" condition of the track? Just give the visual a... well.. "wet" look, and make the road really slippery. There you go?

I'm sure it's difficult I guess. But nothing Scawen can't handle But that's really a different matter, not related to the free roam you mentioned. I think to get realistic wet conditions both the physics and graphics engine will have to be updated. And it will be in the future.

Quote :
I know night time wouldnt be hard, because for every track, theres already clear, cloudy, and sunset. Im sure it wouldnt be that hard to black out the sky, and turn all the lights on.

People have actually made night mods for LFS, but those are limited to darkening the sky and track textures. So they're basically just a gimmick. LFS currently has no real lights to shine on the surface so that will also have to be implemented. And it's quite likely to be on Scawen's todo list. Problem is, that list is so long
I take it Scawen is the producer of LFS? The guy who makes it happen?
Well hes a cool guy, because this game is awsome!

Anyone know what his near future improvements are going to be?
#11 - joen
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :I take it Scawen is the producer of LFS? The guy who makes it happen?
Well hes a cool guy, because this game is awsome!

Anyone know what his near future improvements are going to be?

Yes, LFS is developed by Scawen (programmer), Eric (graphics designer/artist) and Victor (Web developer (like LFSWorld for instance)

People have a general idea what can be expected in future releases, but basically nothing can be called 100% confirmed.
They're probably now focusing on the next incompatible patch which will very likely focus on physics improvements, more improvements to the new sound engine, new interiors for the GTR cars and more. Scawen does not like giving release dates
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :

Idea 3: I could personaly care less about this one, but possibly a NASCAR/circle track. Basicly a mile long, oval shaped track, with banked curbs. I personaly think its boring, but theres a lot of people out there who are a fan of this type of racing.

That one is called Kyoto Ring on S2.
i say the wet weather scheme is a good idea.

I also think new tracks could do, i say LFS could do with a monza type circuit (long straights and chalenging corners, but longer then as club)

also i noticed in autocross, theres a kart track that i some how got into (even got pictures to proove) is there any chance of getting that going?
As long as some tracks are add, I don’t care much about what is included.

Obviously some tracks like Spa or Istanbul gp are needed, basically with a lot of elevation change. Monza is pretty dull, I suppose it’s the first gp that you learn and Barcelona would be the second…, Westhill is already more challenging than Monza.

About the wet-dry conditions, that is a must if you want to call S3 "simulator", for me GP4 was quite good simulating weather conditions.
Don't know if this has already been suggested...

How about an off-road autocross track? Basically a large grass area with hills & depressions, maybe muds areas?

Just so some of us don't have to try and build our rally courses on the outskirts of Blackwood Carpark
So.... how about taking one of the South City courses and making the cul-de-sacs a bit longer. this would go part of the way, but still leave the "one path" intact. If you see what i mean.
or make a south city WAYY longer. but hey im a demo racer what can i say?
We need tracks like a normal road through the mountains etc, highways etc. You have no idea how populare that would be! seriously :P

We also need a much longer dragracing track. Snow racing would be cool too.

I would love to see a singleplayer highway track with a lot of cars driving like normal and you can try speeding around etc.

And we need a track or something where there is a little bit of jump action, like in rally, that would be awesome. :P
Apparently not everyone got what i was saying about removing the barricades. Ill use fern bay as an example, since south city was confusing.

In fern bay, black is probably the longest, but there are still the barricades that prevent you from entering the rallycross areas, and entering the small sections of road from the other configurations of the curcuit. So by removing the barricades, i mean so you can drive in the map as full, such as the attachment below. This would be great for all the cruising servers, and also for the servers where people just like to mess around, and would want to have a little demolition derby or somthing.

Anyways, this is what i meant by free roam. No barricades preventing you from driving in the other configurations.
Well, I for one would like to see an option to have wet races. It adds another element to it.

As for tracks. Apart from all the usual. I'd like to see one pure fun track. A place for all the crasher lovers to go. A City style map, where you are free to go wherever you like. Not too big, 2-3 blocks, with lots of intersections. Then maybe all the crashers will go there n crash to their hearts content. Give them exactly what they want. THen we might just get rid of them from lol... aside from that tho... it'd be an awful lot of fun. lol..
I forgot to include the picture

here it is:
Attached images
fernbayfreeroam.JPG
about the nascar oval. maybe bank the corners more so you have to brake for them in the TBO class or something.
Quote from funnybone2 :or make a south city WAYY longer. but hey im a demo racer what can i say?

you could say "here is my usd equivalent of £24, can i be S2 licensed please?"
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :about the nascar oval. maybe bank the corners more so you have to brake for them in the TBO class or something.

um, why would they need to brake more for more banking? higher banking allows higher speeds.
touge run please! i would love that!

(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG