The online racing simulator
Black Screen
(3 posts, started )
Black Screen
Ok, I know there has been other threads about black screens but none of the ones I looked at were quite the same as this one.

When I hear of people getting black screens it makes them lose connection to a server and have to reboot there LFS. I have never had this before except on my old PC.

Today I was doing the MoE race around Blackwood, early on in the race when I was coming out of the chicane my screen went totally black but I still had sound and force feedback. After about 5 seconds the normal LFS screen came back up and I was back in the race. This all happend while the lag bars on the server went right up and got the "MP REPLAY...." error message and someone timing out.

It seems although it was brought on by the servers problems but my pc was never under any strain or did I notice any frame drops.
I only get a black screen when joining a server. Aside from that never ever. Its rather strange but when I switch from one server to another I get a black screen - I can type and hear car sounds, just can't see anything. Normally a "I will BRB." sorts this out.
hmmm, i've never had this when joining servers, TBO, i've never had this!! if i click join, or pit, or do anything, it never gives me a black screen, it just takes me straight to wherever i told it to go, am i alone on this?

frenchy

Black Screen
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG