The online racing simulator
should changh Tires in a race
(16 posts, started )
If I set the sever should pit, the driver can just stop & go, no need to do anything, it is not a real pit stop
Well, they pit for something, such as fuel etc.
Nah they don't. In a 10 lap race with a forced pitstop it's faster to start with enough fuel to finish without refuelling, and tyres won't have time wear sufficiently to warrant change. It literally is driving to the box, stopping and driving off immediately.
I think that Scania is trying to say that tires should be changed when stop is mandatory.
Yea, that would make a lot of sense. Be forced to change tires before they are even warmed up.

Mandatory pitstops in a 10 lap race should be banned. There is no strategy involved. It only breaks up the racing and creates half a race of racing and half a race of hotlapping.
+1 for forcing 2 tyre change in CPSs.
#7 - JJ72
I think what he is saying is.....all pitstop should be instant stop and go and does not require a period of time standing still...since it's not a real pitstop
Quote from JJ72 :I think what he is saying is.....all pitstop should be instant stop and go and does not require a period of time standing still...since it's not a real pitstop

Does sound a bit far fetch. Why don't you ask him as you seem to have the same flag and all?

And yeah, I agree that mandatory stops usually do more bad than good, in short races or actually any race.
#9 - ajp71
If you have to force a pit stop it shouldn't be there in the first place
+1 For Tire Changing Forcing. Maybe a setting in Live settings so you can decide wether or not to.
Yea, if only changing all 4 tyres didn't take about 30 seconds changing the tyres might actually be a smart thing to do, but as it stands there is only one slow ass changing each wheel at a time.

Your not thinking about what pitting actually means in smaller races, if you actually thought about it's affects then maybe you'd realise there is still stratengy in doing a 1 second pitstop.

If you are running a combo where the tyres more than likely get hot towards the end, pit in the last few laps and the tyres will be that little bit cooler. Or if your happy with pitting at any point, pit when you start catching back markers or you get stuck behind someone who defends really well.
Quote from Bawbag :Yea, if only changing all 4 tyres didn't take about 30 seconds changing the tyres might actually be a smart thing to do, but as it stands there is only one slow ass changing each wheel at a time.

30 seconds is bloody quick for five nut wheels, and most of the cars in LFS won't have air jacks (all road cars/FOX/MRT)

From my limited experience it takes about 45 seconds to do a full change with three guys and air jacks on 5 nut wheels.
#13 - JJ72
Quote from Blackout :Does sound a bit far fetch. Why don't you ask him as you seem to have the same flag and all?

He mentioned the same thing in another forum.
+1, great idea to force tyres to be changed.

id there is a pitstop involved there is a strategy involved! who does it most effectively is who will win.

also other things to consider, who can get towards the white line the quickest without getting a drive thru etc etc. many things.
+13000 real pit stop..
#16 - Jakg
he means for EVERYONE tho

+1 from me

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG