The online racing simulator
Fraps or Windows problem (half resolution)
(13 posts, started )
Hi...

Ive got one big problem with fraps. Im trying to catch replay on 1280x1024 and higher, BUT, my fraps is set on full-size recording, when I stop recording and i go to watch my sample, windows showing only half resolution of origidinal resolution (Im recording at 1280x1024 and windows shows only 640x512) Where is problem ? Im repeating, my Fraps are set on full-size recording, not on half-size...

Can somebody help me ?

BTW, im using Fraps version 2.8.2, not cracked, just trial version ( 30sec of recording, pictures in BMP)

THX much all !
From reading the curiously named "readme" from my 2.7 version:

Quote from readme :Full-size will store the movie at the same resolution as the game screen up to 1152x864.

Maybe it's the same with 2.8?
#3 - ORION
I dont think any CPU / HDD can deal with the amazing amount of data when processing a video with 1280x1024 res... unless you have a Raid0 system and a quadcore CPU

Also, many people cant even play such a video, because their CPU is just too slow to decode a video which a resolution as high as 1280x1024. There are some HD movies I cant play with my notebook - stuttering all the time.

And I dont think you want to release a video that only 20% of all LFS racers can watch
Quote from ORION :
And I dont think you want to release a video that only 20% of all LFS racers can watch

Yea, thats true, but problem is on 1024x768 too... it makes 800x600...
download Fraps 2.6.x. This version I have and no problem. With my shit comp I can save video in HDTV resolution....
#6 - Davo
Fraps 2.8.0 build 6345 here and can record at any res. I haven't tried higher than 1440x900 though but I don't think I'd get very far. Maybe it's a demo limitation?
Why do you want to capture any higher then 720x480? (Or 720x576 lol)
#8 - Davo
Because those res look crap.
bigger res- better looks- bettre movie

EDIT: I have 2.6.4 version now, but problem is still here
#11 - Davo
They don't their own product, I've captured at higher resolutions then they state in that FAQ.

Quote :What is the maximum resolution supported by Half/Full-size video capture?

The maximum resolution for Half-size capture is 2560x1600. Full-size video capture is limited to a maximum of 1152x864 (4:3) or 1280x800 (widescreen). If Full-size is selected and the game is set to a resolution higher than the maximum, Fraps will automatically switch to Half-size when recording.

yes it explain everything. I always capture video in 1280x720 and no problem.
Quote from Davo :They don't their own product, I've captured at higher resolutions then they state in that FAQ.

Thank u much...

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG