The online racing simulator
Less responsive FF since Patch 32 upward?
Well guys, i dont know exactly, but since some testpatch over 32 i have less feeling in my FF, it all is dulled down a bit and i hardly ever feel any bumps or curbs anymore. Since thats also the case in patch V i wanted to bring that one3 up and maybe ask if i'm just to stupid to overlook some setting?
I tried setting it up the same way i used to before in U32 but i cannt get the same result, also i feel that the general FF is lower now, i had to raise it to 180% to get about the same amount as before with 80%.
Am i missing something?
#2 - Jakg
look in cfg.txt, and make sure "FF Steps" is set to "256"
Or, if it is already at 256, turn it down to 128.
#4 - kompa
Also set the overall effects strenght to about 105-110% in the Game Controllers section, it gets rid of the annoying non-linearity near the center with the logitech drivers.
I've not noticed any differences, I'm guessing since it's taken so long for this issue to be brought up, it must be affecting a very small minority of users... or just you.
Now that it's been mentioned, I resetup my wheel the other day and had a quick bash online, for the first time in a few weeks. I must say that whilst I know I was using the same set as the late U patches and the same force settings, things did feel lighter. Now that could be entirely my imagination.

You don't happen to use any Saitek controllers by any chance?
Quote from the_angry_angel :Now that it's been mentioned, I resetup my wheel the other day and had a quick bash online, for the first time in a few weeks. I must say that whilst I know I was using the same set as the late U patches and the same force settings, things did feel lighter. Now that could be entirely my imagination.

You are not alone. I've experienced the exact same behaviour with my DFP and I also thought it was my imagination

But about 60% of the people driving on ConeDodgers servers had to update from T-U and 90% of these people did feel a change in the steering and/or FFB.
Even the keyboard drivers, and we have some good and fast ones, have been a bit lost for some days and had to fiddle with their steering settings.
Thanks for the input guys i will try setting diffrent values in the cfg.
I use a red logitech momo force, my friend with g25 had the same effect, it subtle but it is there. most notably over bumps and curbs.
Well its odd, i _thought_ it felt diffrent, must be my mind playing tricks, i drove back to back U30 against V, it felt exactly the same. I was under the impression that for example the FO8 would give more feedback if you drive it over the bumps in Kyoto Natbut it doesnt it seems, quite odd to see the car really jump and bump and feel almost nothing in the wheel...
If I'm not mistaken, the FFstep line in the cfg file defines the rate at which the game feeds the steering wheel with force-feedback data. Until U32, the step was 128 and it changed to 256 in newer versions of LFS (most probably in order to cope with those 900 degrees wheels, like the DFP and the G25).

If I understand it correctly, that settings is something like -say- the ffb resolution and the value 256 is supposed to give a richer ffb feeling. But most probably it also has to by supported by the wheel drivers, and in older wheels that may not even be an option.

In my case (I own the very first ffb wheel Logitech ever made, the Wingman Formula Force, which is not even supported in the 4.60 drivers... i use the 4.30) I just switched the FFstep back to 128 in the cfg file and everything came back to normal

I hope it works for you too!
Ah, that might be why. I've been running 256 steps for well over a year.
Hi Bob, had you manually set the FFstep setting to 256 in the cfg file in older versions, because I'm pretty sure the default value was 128 until U32.
Yep, I did it manually, shortly after getting my first wheel (2+ years ago). I tried the full range from 4 up to 256, it felt worse the lower the number of steps, so left it at maximum ever since.
Got it! Try 128, give it some time and tell us if it's better

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG