The online racing simulator
Antialias in lfs
(19 posts, started )
#1 - Zyber
Antialias in lfs
Would be nice to get AA in lfs so i didnt have to change it in windows everytime i play another game..
looks like alot of ppl are doing this so i gues all of them want it implemented in lfs

EDIT

I have already sent a mail to the devs about it.. it did get forwarded to scawen.. but it might have a better chance if ppl show him they really want it by saying so here..
#2 - Bean0
Get yourself ATI Tray Tools and create a profile for LFS.exe.
IIRC Nvidia drivers have this option built-in.
+1, be nice not to have to worry about creating profiles, but if the graphics system is changing then no point implementing this until that change is made!
Hello, i know that in ati catalyst settings you can make profiles for each game controlling AA and AF setting
You can do it in drivers/GPU control panel so -1
#6 - Zyber
Not everyone knows how to edit it in windows.. like making those profiles.. most ppl are used to changing it ingame.. and it wouldnt be that hard to add in to the game ether.. not if ur gonna aplly it to all renders like windows do.. but if u do it ingame u can choose to only apply it to some stuff like cars ++ it takes less of ur fps away
what card are you using just now Zy?
#8 - Zyber
7600 gt 256 mb
#9 - Jakg
Quote from Zyber :ut if u do it ingame u can choose to only apply it to some stuff like cars ++ it takes less of ur fps away

erm, you cant select what to AA, afaik

If your PC is capable of doing AA and AF, then chances are you made it that way, and then you should KNOW how to do it
Quote from Zyber :Not everyone knows how to edit it in windows.. like making those profiles.. most ppl are used to changing it ingame..

I have personally have never used ingame settings for AA or AF. They usually are more confusing/don't have the same options as the drivers. I guess there are some people who don't know about setting them outside of the game, but do those people really know if it is enabled or not anyway?
Quote :and it wouldnt be that hard to add in to the game ether..

Maybe not, but since you can do the same thing otherwise too it really is not something the devs should waste time on
Quote : not if ur gonna aplly it to all renders like windows do.. but if u do it ingame u can choose to only apply it to some stuff like cars ++ it takes less of ur fps away

Intelligent AA would be nice of course, but I just don't see that happening in the near future.
Quote from Jakg :erm, you cant select what to AA, afaik

If your PC is capable of doing AA and AF, then chances are you made it that way, and then you should KNOW how to do it

yes u can.. u turn on aa rendering before u render the object and turn it back of so to speak.. or its more like u select to render it on AA.. hard to explain lol
I always use driver over-rides for game settings anyway so this would add nothing for me. Most games that let you pick FSAA at all typically only let you use low settings, nor do they turn on Adaptive AA or Temporal AA. So a complete waste of time, IMO.
This has been mentioned before: Software controlled AA&AF

This option is very much needed! Atm I have to use ATT, only to turn AA+AF on/off.
#14 - dev
+1 for ingame AA & AF control
Quote from Bob Smith :I always use driver over-rides for game settings anyway so this would add nothing for me. Most games that let you pick FSAA at all typically only let you use low settings, nor do they turn on Adaptive AA or Temporal AA. So a complete waste of time, IMO.

+1

I mean, to have every single video card's options in LFS, the menu would be at least 20-screens long.
Heh, I have my AA And AF (and all related options) maxxed out for every game :P

From what I've noticed, most games with AA options tend to have extremely poor results. It almost looks better to not use any AA than to use the in-game stuff. I'd rather just use the card-based settings. Looks a lot nicer; and like others said, the two major card brands already have a 'per-game' setting system; if people can't be bothered/aren't willing to learn to do it themselves, why should Scawen? There are a lot or more important things to do, imho.

-1 from me, but I could really care less about it anyways :P
Just tried to activate AA in LFS on my 8600M GT by Nvidia control panel.When i run lfs it just isnt effective.No antialias at all.Driver used 174.60 modded...any suggestion?

Antialias in lfs
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG