The online racing simulator
LFS for MAC
(19 posts, started )
LFS for MAC
Hi

I am a MAC user and my question is when you will release a game for as non PC users. Please!!!

if it is already released where I can got it?

btw, game is super and I love to driving it.

Best regards

CROtm - sigor
#2 - ORION
There is no MAC version of LFS planned, but you can install Windows on the newer MACs using bootcamp.
#3 - Mc21
Quote from ORION :There is no MAC version of LFS planned, but you can install Windows on the newer MACs using bootcamp.

yeah. btw orion.. you have made a sig saying you haven't got a sig, so bacically you have got a sig lol.
It's unlikely to be ported to Mac OS because it relies on Windows' DirectX APIs.
Use Windows or suffer the consequences!
#6 - FL!P
I run LFS on a Mac Pro using BootCamp to boot XP, and it works very, very well. I hope your Mac is recent enough to do that!

BTW, "MAC" stands for Media Access Control (which even PC users have). Your Apple computer is a "Mac".
#7 - nilo
I'm a mac-user, too.

Theoretically it should be possible, with wine. There are several projects bringing wine to mac, http://darwine.opendarwin.org/ being one of them.

Unfortunately I'm not able to try, because I still have an old G4. Would be nice if anyone with an intel-mac could try it and report.
#8 - FL!P
I'm running LFS on my MacBook Pro with bootcamp, works fine. :up:
Bootcamp sounds like it works, but as seen as macs don't have various things windows has it's almost a waste of time unless it's open source and people are willing to port it to Mac or Linux.

A linux dedicated server would be more feasible though.
#11 - nilo
Quote from duke_toaster :but as seen as macs don't have various things windows has it's almost a waste of time

Please don't start another mac-win-flamewar! PLEASE!
:feedtroll

It's that easy: For this to happen, Apple has to decide to support game developers with an API better than DirectX.

Core Gaming FTW

Unfortunately, this is rather unrealistic.

Looks like I'm forced to keep this crappy, ugly, stinky PC running an unstable, insecure, slow OS forever. Just for LFS.
#12 - joen
Quote from nilo :Please don't start another mac-win-flamewar! PLEASE!
:feedtroll

You take it as the starting of a flamewar, I see it as the truth And I don't mean one is better than the other, but it's just a simple fact that LFS is build for DirectX, which doesn't run on a Mac. If the devs would make a version for the Mac, it would mean maintaining source codes for two different platforms, handle with bugs for two platforms, writing patches for 2 platforms...you get the picture. And the devs have their hand full on the Windows version alone.
Developing a game which is already in a niche market for a niche market platform would simply be too much for too little gain to be quite honest.

Quote :
It's that easy: For this to happen, Apple has to decide to support game developers with an API better than DirectX.

So that 97% of LFS gamers would be left in the cold because that would not be available on Windows...

Quote :
Looks like I'm forced to keep this crappy, ugly, stinky PC running an unstable, insecure, slow OS forever. Just for LFS.

what about "Please don't start another mac-win-flamewar! PLEASE!"

A computer is as good as it's administrator/user My PC is pretty, stable, secure and fast And it doesn't smell either.
IIRC, Scawen said there will be no Mac OS based LFS. All you Mac users will just have to rely on bootcamp or similar programs; this has been brought up many times
Hmm, I'm not so sure.. I mean I can run LFS on my mobile phone! Surely it should be possible to run it on a Mac?

I use bootcamp to run WinXP to play LFS with DFP..
I can say just perfect with my 24" inch Imac c2d !
Quote from (SaM) :Hmm, I'm not so sure.. I mean I can run LFS on my mobile phone! Surely it should be possible to run it on a Mac?

its got very little to do with hardware and a lot more to do with software...
Quote from nikimere :its got very little to do with hardware and a lot more to do with software...

Click the link and you'll understand it was sarcasm.
Quote from (SaM) :Click the link and you'll understand it was sarcasm.

oh, you were trying to be sarcastic...
Quote from Mc21 :btw orion.. you have made a sig saying you haven't got a sig, so bacically you have got a sig lol.

yes, but since its limited to 4 lines, I can no longer use my 5 lines signature I used before

LFS for MAC
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG