The online racing simulator
Live for speed stuttering is Vista
Hi. Well as you may have guessed that live for speed stutters everyonce in a while on vista. still get 60fps but it just stutters abit when racing. I have adjusted graphics and settings in windows. I want to know how to fix this as lfs is one of the only games i play.

edit, Live for speed stuttering is Vista = Live for speed stuttering on Vista
Hi,

I could not watch yr movie coz i am at work
But does your fps go up and down? I had this problem before and after i set a limit for the fps it works fine now. Try to set it lower then yr max fps.

Hope it can help you.

Grtz Rico
thx for the reply. It still happens, just not as much. i also turned of vert sync and that helped a little bit.
#5 - Jakg
sounds like the HDD's, is anything running in the background?
did u check for running background processes?
i remember there were some lil problems with xp on the beginning cuz it compiled some data in the background while using it. (.net framework iirc)
I have checked everything like that, I am a computer tech, thats what i do :P. I have narrowed it down to nvidia/vista compatability issues or lfs/nvidia/vista compatability issues because all my other games run fine.
#8 - ORION
I had some of the Vista betas, and I got stuttering everywhere, even when using notepad oO.
It just burns your hardware by stressing it ALL THE TIME, specailly the HDDs.
Feels like defragging while playing

However, I had the same problem on my notebook with XP, and it was caused by the driver. Installed the DNA drivers and got no problems
Does turning off sound in lfs (shift-n) make any difference?
Quote from ORION :I had some of the Vista betas, and I got stuttering everywhere, even when using notepad oO.
It just burns your hardware by stressing it ALL THE TIME, specailly the HDDs.
Feels like defragging while playing

However, I had the same problem on my notebook with XP, and it was caused by the driver. Installed the DNA drivers and got no problems

The final is alot differnt to the betas. I have had most of the betas and they sucked compared to the final. And no it dosent eat up my hdd.
Thats really nice to hear, so maybe I should give it a try again
Quote from ORION :Thats really nice to hear, so maybe I should give it a try again

Well you may aswell jusp the gun and start using vista. I have had no major problems so far. The only thing annoying me is this lag.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG