The online racing simulator
Quote from GT Touring :you know if LFS worked a deal with Sauber BMW how hard would it be to make a deal with any team?

Want to be the deal maker? illepall

EDT: I'd love to see the M3 GTR too! It maybe a bit underpowered for the GTR class though :/
Attached images
Image7.jpg
I would have no problem communicating with any one attemting to make a deal, exposure exposure of course Scavier Solutions (all three i guess) would have to give me the go ahead. and What power would i have to give a liscence and software package to any one so that they can test it?

Lots needs to be decided before I can make the deal..
Get in touch with the devs..
-
(Breizh) DELETED by Breizh
well the truck class would be something crazy in it self- perhaps they can not model it... A viper- or an old Trans am type- my question is can the image or shape of a known car be used, if you have the TEAM's permission or do you also need the manufacturer? see with race trucks there are 2 basic shapes and 1 wierd team designed Buggyra style (now running 'frieghtliner' bodies.
so the team can offer theri whole 'old' package as the new one is so different, and perhaps this can be used to create the 2 basic shapes... other wise aren't the Devs bound to what a manufacturer says.
the Sauber shape was free to use per Suaber, and the BMW engine well it isn't really but the BF1 uses Suaber Data so and they have use of BMW logos and such...
so can we call up RuSport or Forsythe and get Lola data and Cosworth XFE data? or would we need to talk to Lola, and Cosworth? fo a champcar let say.
or can we call up Penske and get a NASCAR type car using their data (a generic shape here is easy. and a silhoutte type racer dosn't need anyone's aproval- unless we badge it...?)
so what would I need to kno here any ideas?
Quote from GT Touring :well the truck class would be something crazy in it self- perhaps they can not model it... A viper- or an old Trans am type- my question is can the image or shape of a known car be used, if you have the TEAM's permission or do you also need the manufacturer? see with race trucks there are 2 basic shapes and 1 wierd team designed Buggyra style (now running 'frieghtliner' bodies.
so the team can offer theri whole 'old' package as the new one is so different, and perhaps this can be used to create the 2 basic shapes... other wise aren't the Devs bound to what a manufacturer says.
the Sauber shape was free to use per Suaber, and the BMW engine well it isn't really but the BF1 uses Suaber Data so and they have use of BMW logos and such...
so can we call up RuSport or Forsythe and get Lola data and Cosworth XFE data? or would we need to talk to Lola, and Cosworth? fo a champcar let say.
or can we call up Penske and get a NASCAR type car using their data (a generic shape here is easy. and a silhoutte type racer dosn't need anyone's aproval- unless we badge it...?)
so what would I need to kno here any ideas?

not quite, the devs had to give Sauber something to remember
What a great SIM program to use on Saubers promotion days? forever advertising on the worlds greatest SIM? Incredible tyre modelling for them to use in their simulations, ?
What could it be? SuperTrucks would be great, 2 classes unrestricted (up to 256KPH and the restricted class to 160KPH, and 2 designs each maybe the Long nose frieght liner type, and the flat face MAN tractor type (of course that would be a total of 4 new cars, better stick with the Buggyra (a compromise of them 2 types) i think- although the MErcedes/ and MAN and Ford types ( see attachments of Ford vs. mercedes) would be tooo excellent-. SRT (superrace truck-unrestriced) and (RRT restricted race truck) or is it better to have them restriced awith a turbo boost? the current FIA regs regulated them to 160kph, but they are trying to get a turbo boost allowance to get them to 180 or 200kph temporarily (push to pass any one?) so as to allow use of slip streaming and passing and catching up when things go awry...

The UF1 and UFR class get raced plenty- so this style could be great fun and have lots of attention. (Either SRT or RRT) but a push to pass should be mandatory...

and the XRR should have a V6 or V8 NA, the Turbo kills it with the ag compared to the FZR...
Attached images
alastaro_00454.jpg
disputacampo.jpg
of course come to think of all the great ideas here- a BMW GTR or a VIPER would add to the big GT class. a new addition would be welcome of course, I feel as stated the XRR should be improved a bit, i drive it competitively against FZR and FXR but these car appear to be much easier to drive quickly.
a Viper would be nice, but then a C6R Vette too...
perhaps the RACeABOut will become a GT class car before anything else new is added. or the RB4 (RBR?)
And I realize a LMP type car would show up sooner than A Super truck I feel

The demo car classes seem to be languishing now, so no need to expand this... although a rear drive competitor to the UF1/XFG- think 100hp Volvo amazon 122 or AbarthFiat 550 might be better suited and a UFR/XFGti expansion would be fun (Rallye/race style Volvo 122 amazon).

All vote SuperTrucks! how many other games have these? MercedesBenz Truck Racing from 2002, or Supertruck racing for PS2 in 2004?- and the Toca racedriver series has horrible trucks racing there- these guys didn't get their data from FIA trucks, or even regs! (these trucks are 5 or 6 speed, not 7 and rev to 2200-3500rpm max depending on the truck.)

the sound is a 20 hz Rumble-no ROAR
1300-1500 HP (Max.torque 5200Nm) 0-100kph in 4.5-5 seconds. 12 litre capacity (12.5 max). less than 6 seconds to 160KPH. what are they 5500 kg- WOAH tonnes! 5.5 bar of boost. (260 kph anyone? no real people to hurt or circuit to destroy lets hope breaks keep up!) -a button for water to cool those brakes would be needed. and the HORN blasts! haha haha!!
-
(Scrabby) DELETED by Scrabby
-
(wark) DELETED by wark
And then you need to implement brakes heating up. And you also need a water tank. Which is small... Pitting every 5 laps anyone? illepall
Here's my take:

Add a very long off road circuit, Paris Dakar Rally Style terrain. Offer the choice of vehicles that range from schlesser buggies to Mitsubishi Pajero Evolutions. That would be SERIOUS RALLY FUN!
Quote from GT Touring :well the truck class would be something crazy in it self- perhaps they can not model it... A

I see no reason why trucks would be something "crazy". And it wouldn't need 4 different cars. Just two/one with the setup option to limit speed or/not. Much better option than karts, which imho would be horrible to drive without the physical feeling (+no suspension, rear brakes, etc...). Of course there are more advanced karts as well, but they are still very light and crude compared to any bigger racing thingie

One thing that every now and then surprizes is that so many people want something big and heavy V8 muscle cars into LFS... We have got some quite quick sportscars and they are very rarely used. Look what happened to BF1. It's not as popular as people thought it would.

(prototypes please )
ah yes ofcourse..
but pitting every 5 laps? nah you can set it up to do 25 laps or more no pitting needed unless your low on water or fuel... (see MBTR by syntec...of course supertruck racing on PS2 has only 10 lap max :really

The water tank can be done, but es this would introduce brake fade... to all classes, or simply make a temperature reading a "brake system" for trucks, if it gets tooo hot the truck won't stop, or lock up in place. and the water tank button can be tied to a wheel button- or the traction control button!
so use it to keep the "brakes" out of the red, simple idea to brakes with manual cooling.
if no one hase tried MBTR or SupertrucksRacing you should they are rely fun. And drfiters would love these things...

The intorduction of many nay sayer into a racing class which you don't get or follow can be a bonus to the type of racing and all the uninitiated,
While i would really enjoy dakar styl or rally race-hillclimbs etc... I think LFS model excels on tarmac... and rainy weather might be nice.. But the small rally X tracks don't do much to make it interesting, and frankly i love tarmac races, Rallye and raids are great but it doesn't feel as if it fits into LFS 100%- after all it is everything from UF1 to BF1...Dirt? where is the Winged sprint car, and midgets? and the dirt oval?- the bullring, the highbanks?
with the given tracks- sunny, windy, cooler weather (but always dry)
i think adding Supertrucks is a good way for something totally new and supertruck fun.
of course there is that LMP....and the stockcar...and the ....trans-am...and the V8 supertaxi...
id like to see a ford transit fan LOL

im jokeing

Id like to see a Mitsubishi Evo
subaru WRX Sti-
would be great tarmac and rally.. a tip over the Evo i think
The power of the thing ain't anything to laugh at
Quote from MAGGOT :I would kill for one of these.

I agree

Quote from GT Touring :subaru WRX Sti-
would be great tarmac and rally.. a tip over the Evo i think

The EVO is actually chepaer and has the same HP. But you can buy more powerfull versions too. There are 260, 280 i think (not sure), maybe even a 300, 320, 330 and a special edition FQ-400. Made by Mitsubishi UK for their 40th ( i think) anniversary.
Quote from prodeg :http://www.arielmotor.co.uk/04/frames.htm

'nuff said.

Beat me to it.

My dad did a track day in one of those. He said it was the most fun he's ever had.

I reckon we need a Mk.1. Golf and a Ford Capri.
TVR Tuscon2. We need another "evil" car to go with the Raceabout :P

Cars we wanna see in S3
(4457 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG