The online racing simulator
Emergency Service for cops
(41 posts, started )
**only useful on city driving and cops & robbers servers if you're a cop **

I made an app that flashes your indicator lights and headlights and also keeps your horn on, so you don't have to keep your finger on a button if you're chasing somebody.

The difference between my app and that of others here is that mine has a on and off switch (which in my eyes is absolutely necessary).

I've also added 2 sirens for people who dont have a police horn.

Instructions are in the nfo which is in the rar.

known bugs:
1. Because I've chosen the alt key for enabling the whole shebang, you can't alt-tab anymore. Only work-around is using the RIGHT alt instead of the left.
2. The off button (Left shift) does not respond immediatly, this is because I used the sleep command.
Attached files
Emergency.Service.by.mikey_G.rar - 539.7 KB - 11627 views
thanks for including my horn and credits, ^^. Wonderfull tool to!
pretty cool
Very very useful in Citydriving, forgetting to put if off when chatting though
#5 - cocky
changing horns
i have just started racing on lfs how can i change my horn to a police horn someone help me and make it easy for me
Well, ingame you change it with "shift H"

If you want to replace a horn, pick a horn in my rar, rename it to HORN5.wav, and place it in data/sound.
Quote from mikey_G :Well, ingame you change it with "shift H"

If you want to replace a horn, pick a horn in my rar, rename it to HORN5.wav, and place it in data/sound.

now if i install that in my lfs folder, will other people hear it? (yeah i know that sounds like the "if a tree falls in the woods.." but im curious nontheless)
#8 - Jakg
no, they wont, they will hear whatever horn THEY have
#9 - ukg
This sounds like a really good app, which might help with making people more eager to be cops in the [TC] CityDriving servers.
Nice one, and I’ll certainly be downloading this later on to give it a try! I’ll post back with any comments
Maybe we could add this to our websites Downloads page with your permission and all credits to you?

Yeah, as long as the release stays unmodified and has credits, everyone can host it. I do hope more people will be a cop because it's just way easier with this app, and there is kinda a shortage of cops on TC servers.

Btw, if people here think a different key combination would be better, please tell. I just chose ALT and Shift because I know their location blindly.

Instead of setting a certain combination maybe script it so you can choose one yourself?
#12 - ukg
heya, its all good, but is it supposed to horn too? cos mine isnt doing that just curious, and might it be cos I got horn set on a diff button (press down scroll on mouse?)
Yeah, the button presets should be default.
Lights: G
Horn: B

I might look for something so people can specify it in a text file if I have the power again.
i have some siren sounds if anyone whats them.

they are from the swedish police but they are in mp3 but im sure someone could convert them
Nice there finally being one with ingame controls

I think Alt isn't a good choice though, as if you want to use an Alt+ macro it will activate it Shift may also be a minor annoyance as it would turn off when using a Shift+ command.
If you add 't' as another way to turn it off would solve the chat problem.

I think the best way to solve the above would be to add an option to change activation keys to fit with the user's preferences.

Keep up the good work
it doesnt work for me ive put it where you said to, but it doesnt work. it is very annoying trying to hold down the button and chase someone at the some time. i would thank you if you could help me. thnx
Quote from mc_taz65 :it doesnt work for me ive put it where you said to, but it doesnt work. it is very annoying trying to hold down the button and chase someone at the some time. i would thank you if you could help me. thnx

Are you sure that your LFS key presets are default?

Can you also just run the program in notepad, and press ALT to start? If everything is correct you should see a string of characters.
help
how do i set it up to work? and how i set it up ;o

im not good with these things, i have downloaded it but i dont no how to work it
it's written in the nfo
Whats an nfo?
Cool thanks, this is gonna come in handy tonight.
Step 1: Start the program

Step 2: Press alt+tab

Notice: You should open your computer before running the program
It's all written in the nfo file, just open it and read
Great little tool mikey_G.

If you ever have trouble turning it off, try holding the Shift Key for a bit instead of tapping it.

Could I make a small suggestion?
Perhapse the keys to turn off/on maybe should not be LFS keys. Left ALT / Left Shift can get used a lot in game.

What about these keys:

-PgUp/PgnDwn. (but they are now used in AutoX > 12 players list)
-Numbers "9" "0" along the top of keyboard, (so numeric Keys can still be normal hazard operation)

-What about Some key to Turn it on but to turn it off "T" so that when you press T to talk - The "09bg09bg09bg" stops automatically?

Or even user defined keys in a config text file or something if it is too much work to make a menu for this option. Maybe the most flexible option for everyone.

It still is great though even if you dont ever get around to doing this.

(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG