The online racing simulator
A1 photos - Eastern Creek
(25 posts, started )
Some random shots I took at today's A1 meeting in Sydney.
Attached images
swissirelandmeeting.jpg
ferrarimeetswall.jpg
chopper.jpg
germany.jpg
Great shots, A1 is a great series!
#3 - ajp71
Cool shots

Ferrari looked expensive and does anyone else think the A1 cars are ugly?
#4 - joen
Quote from ajp71 :does anyone else think the A1 cars are ugly?

Yes.
The pictures are great though
Great pics.

I think the cars look good, but the paint schemes are very unimaginative. The German one for example just looks very 80's to me.
I like A1GP - the thing is all the cars need a bit more power and a respray (ideally proper national colours).
I think that the cars look fine, are fast enough etc, but I agree that some of the liveries are terrible.

If you choose a green and gold colour scheme, dont stick a blue beer logo on top of it. It just looks sh1thouse.

Yep, I'm looking at you Australia.
Attached images
Australia.jpg
#8 - DeKo
what i dont get is that they are actually advertising uranium on a racing car?
Quote from DeKo :what i dont get is that they are actually advertising uranium on a racing car?

It has nuclear (fission) powered engine naturally
Quote from DeKo :what i dont get is that they are actually advertising uranium on a racing car?

Good point. How can a team be sponsored by a natural resource? What next, the GBR team sponsored by a Scottish bog?

Actaually, the Aussie government is looking to export uranium to other countries for nuclear power. Scary stuff!
Personally I don't think the Aussi colour scheme is offensive - they're nearly always at the back of the field anyway so you rarely see them

And speaking of national colours, the NZ car is all black with a silver fern and as we're usually at the front you can look at that instead.

Did I mention that we're second behind germany ?

And where exactly is Australia ?..................
Australia's in ... well, who cares - it's not like it's cricket or something important There are plenty of us lurking around, on and off the track in MotoGP and F1 ...

Bloody Fosters. Does anyone down here actually drink it (apart from my dad in-law who would drink paint) or do we just flog it to the rest of the world and keep the good stuff for ourselves?

Nice pics there farcar, btw
I believe that Fosters is owned by DB ( a NZ company ) so we happily just flog it off to you lot.

We have 100's of cat farms just to keep you Aussi's happy

We may be worse than England at cricket ( mind you, we had to really try to lose ) but at least we get our revenge with your booze.
Great pictures there mate
Quote from Racer X NZ :Personally I don't think the Aussi colour scheme is offensive - they're nearly always at the back of the field anyway so you rarely see them

Yes, we suck at the moment, but at least we have sponsorship from a potentially deadly natural resource. What natural resource sponsorship will you blokes come up with? Paua, bro?

Quote from Racer X NZ : Did I mention that we're second behind germany ?

We all know Kiwis like being behind things. Germans, sheep etc...

Quote from Racer X NZ : And where exactly is Australia ?..................

It's that bit of land to your west mate. You know, where all the New Zealanders go to live when they turn 20.

Trans Tasman digs aside, the Kiwi team are obviously very impressive (I was hoping for a Kiwi win once Australia's fate was obvious).
Jonny Reid did a great job on the day, and he and Nico Hülkenberg were a cut above the rest of the field.
"What natural resource sponsorship will you blokes come up with? Paua, bro?"

Had it for years, we just tell everyone it's a fern leaf & no one looks closely .............. :banana_ra

For the benefit of the rest of the world there's a certain amount of rivelry between Aus & NZ.

Still, a certain amount of antipodean support is required when you guys lose at cricket to England.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

LOSERS
Gotta love the Kiwis, calling the Aussies LOSERS for being runners up in a comp that they came LAST in. Hehe. Congrats to the Englishmen btw, at least they can go home smiling.
Well at least we KNOW our team have a problem beating Zimbabwe or in fact any other team - England & Aus like to think that their good at the game.
Why no photo of Team China???
#20 - Gunn
I'd be surprised if A1 survives in Australia it is so poorly promoted and reported upon.
Quote from scania :Why no photo of Team China???

Here you go my friend. Team China had a great day too.
Attached images
China.jpg
Quote from farcar :If you choose a green and gold colour scheme, dont stick a blue beer logo on top of it. It just looks sh1thouse.

Yep, I'm looking at you Australia.

I gotta say I quite like the paint scheme on the Aus car. It kinda reminds me of the the old benetton cars
#23 - SamH
Quote from Racer X NZ :Still, a certain amount of antipodean support is required when you guys lose at cricket to England.

Take all that's England out of your A1GP car, and see how far you get, mate
I wasn't actually getting at England there, that was earlier .

It's far more the pleasure of getting to celebrate an Australian loss, especially at cricket.

There's actually a long history of NZers working in England as drivers, mechanics etc. Remember Maclaren still have a kiwi on their cars .
#25 - SamH
Quote from Racer X NZ :I wasn't actually getting at England there, that was earlier .

Don't worry.. I hate cricket. Not helped by the fact that I used to live a couple of miles away from Headingley.. and it's yet another sport we suck at.

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG