The online racing simulator
G25 lost sixth gear now reverse
Has anyone experienced the same problem?

The only solution I see is send it back i think.

Thanks all in advance
don't have a g25,

but jip i think u are right.
it is maybe a buttum in your shifter or somethink like that

reintjan
Let us know how Logitech deal with it. They were great when my DFP pedals went iffy, and I'm keen on buying a G25 but I'm put off a bit by the reports of broken shifters.
I Have the same problem, my G25 is now on logitech store, they bring me a new one quickly (i hope), call to logitech technical assitence and tell us your problem.

sorry my bad english
I'm just going to wait a little while before buying a G25. With the DFP, it took them one or two revisions before they fixed all the problems. My DFP has never broken, but I do get pedal spiking because my dog sheds so much.
Quote from wheel4hummer :I'm just going to wait a little while before buying a G25. With the DFP, it took them one or two revisions before they fixed all the problems. My DFP has never broken, but I do get pedal spiking because my dog sheds so much.

Ive not had the problem but it seems the only time you hear about the g25 is when people have problems. Saying that thought i agree it took several attempts with the dfp to get it right but, like me, ive bought it now and if it breaks ill send it back get a new one. A bit of an inconvinience but now having got my g25 i think its worth the risk of the inconvenience.

Although with the dfp if you had rev a pedals and the stopped working did they replace them with rev b ones?
Quote from thisnameistaken :Let us know how Logitech deal with it. They were great when my DFP pedals went iffy, and I'm keen on buying a G25 but I'm put off a bit by the reports of broken shifters.

Phoned Logitech technical support and after asking many questions on the problem and what operating systrem and drivers ive used they said they will send me a a NEW G25. As Ive purcahsed online they want me to cut the USB and send it to switzerland that means I will keep keep the old G25.

They will send me the european version and have asked me to keep me old power supply.

Is there a difference with the UK and euro version apart fropm the power supply?

Have they come out with newer version of the G25?

The sixth gear is now working and have lost the reverse.

Thanks all.
#8 - nilo
Diy
I've also had a problem with my shifter. I don't remember exactly which gears didn't work, but I think it was 5th and 6th and reverse.

The ring, which holds the leather surrounding the stick under the knob was loose (it is only fixed by some glue). I noticed it when shaking the shifter. It fell down the stick and blocked it in its movements. I took the knob off and removed the ring, now everything is working fine.
Ill be buying a G25 in 2 weeks , so I hope this doesnt happen with my one.

As for the DFP (Revision B) that I bought a year and a half ago , I had it for just over a year before I lost the break pedal. But I only had it a month when the spiking started or I only got 80% accelerator. Ive fixed the brake pedal a month and a half ago , ever since its been trouble free.
i just rang logitech support as my shifter has done what everyone elses has done, and they are sending a new one out to me, and all ive got to do is cut the USB plug off
which leaves me with the old wheel, to try out different mods before i apply them to my working one.
My shifter broke way back in December, I phoned Logi, they said I'd have a new unit out in 2-3 weeks, simply cut the plugs off the old one once it arrives and post them to the address given. The guy mentioned they was out of UK units so I opted to have a euro unit and just retain my current power cable, I was assured the unit would be here quicker by doing this.

Still waiting for the damn thing, not had any contact from Logi since that phonecall. Infact I think its time to phone them again and see whats going on, now my phones working again.
#12 - mr_x
do you have to cut the USB plug off just to prove that you're not after another free wheel? did you have to send the USB plug to logitech as proof? if that's not the case, seems a bit wierd to me!?

my reverse gear broke about a day after i finished my pedal mod, so should i phone them about a new shifter unit? or should i wait a while incase they bring out a rev B unit?
Quote from mr_x :do you have to cut the USB plug off just to prove that you're not after another free wheel? did you have to send the USB plug to logitech as proof?

I think most people don't bother sending back the plugs, I know I didn't when they sent me a replacement DFP. Only the pedals were going, so they could've just sent me replacement pedals - it seemed silly to put a perfectly good wheel beyond use.
Yup I didn't cut them off either. I very much doubt they are going to bother chasing people up, it's a waste of resources when you could just rewire the thing.

Whats the chance they even check the cabels? I also couldn't understand a word the guy was saying, so trying to tell me a great long address was hopeless
I'm really glad i read this topic

I got my G25 today and the shifter doesnt seem ok. The reverse only worked the first hour or so. Tried everything, its broke. The wheel itself is great, makes some noise but nothing compared to the formula force ex

I think i'm going to call logitech support, i dont feel like waiting a month at the store. 2-3 weeks and then cutting of the usb plug seems fine with me. But hey, its easy to rewire.... :S But i guess they trust their dear customers(and i will not abuse this kind of superior support)

But i wonder, wouldn't it mean i'd have spare pedals when they wear out??
If they'd sent me another shifter then i woudl be happy, too...
Reading this, I'm getting the impression, that people who are having problems with their shifter, are getting a complete new G25 (new wheel, new shifter, new pedals). If that's the case, is any of you guys thinking about just selling the wheel? And would it be possible to hook up DFP pedals to a G25-wheel? Just curious ...
yes these are the complete wheel package, i think most people do think about selling, but i can find more uses for having 2 G25's in my hands than enough....like trying mods out and improvements on the broken one, then when perfected, transfer to working one
#18 - Jakg
Quote from Linsen :Reading this, I'm getting the impression, that people who are having problems with their shifter, are getting a complete new G25 (new wheel, new shifter, new pedals). If that's the case, is any of you guys thinking about just selling the wheel? And would it be possible to hook up DFP pedals to a G25-wheel? Just curious ...

connectors are the same - if you want i could try my old Momo wheels pedals on it
Quote from Jakg :connectors are the same - if you want i could try my old Momo wheels pedals on it

Sure, that would be great .

(Momo and DFP pedals should be basically the same, right?)
A nice combo is:

G25 Wheel.

Frex pedals and shifter.

No problems, no headaches.

JS
New G25 arrived and working great!!!!
got mine aswell today, wheel is ten times smoother, shifter isnt as sloppy and all the buttons work so far
I had to get my G25 replaced due to a faulty brake pedal. I would have been happy with just a new pedal set but they don't deal with individual elements of the unit!?

Logitech asked for the plugs, all of them, to be cut and sent to their Switzerland offices. You get a specific RMA number and I was told they need these plugs to close the RMA procedure.

I considered not bothering, as I thought they probably won't chase up. However, I did in the end, because if I have further problems in warranty, I may not get support if it is shown that I didn't return the plugs as asked. It is a £170 unit after all. Their customer support has been excellent, so I think it's right.

I'll try and fix the pedals, plus connect them to a USB device with a bit of wiring up. The old wheel now lacks it's USB connection plug, but USB has standard colour coding, so I should be able to fix an old USB plug to it; gives me a spare wheel. The shifter of course is useless without it's plug. I'll probably just open it up and have a poke around
I agree it is stupid to render perfectly good equipment (almost) useless, especially when you consider that the G25 is supposed to be a limited item. That is they were going to make a set number, and that was it.

You're right, I'm sure it's done to stop people selling their older wheel. They really ought to just send out the needed part, ie wheel, pedal unit or shifter. They don't supply spare parts either. So if / when the pots go bad on one of the pedals (within warranty) I'll be getting a whole new unit, and I'll be cutting plugs again illepall
ok had my G25 for a few months trouble free but now reverse wont work. I'm going to try and open it up and have a look. Does anyone know what I'm looking out for? what would have broken for it to suddenly stop working? Am i looking out for microswitches? springs? what?

Thanks for any help.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG