The online racing simulator
yet ANOTHER rendering question...
(10 posts, started )
ok guys i noticed many people asking bout rendering and many more to come so to end all this can someone just post a step by step tut on how to do this and sticky it? i have 3dsmax and what now? ive never used it befour so can someone tell me exactly step by step what to do plz? how do i open it how do i put on a skin how do i render it? someone please! put an end to all the questions.
#2 - joen
Look at the link in my sig. That will teach you the basics.
You can't explain everything step by step, you will have to experiment yourself, and that takes time. So putting an end to all questions is not easy.
Plus, the search should give you more info as well.
#3 - Davo
Rendering is not a 1 click process. It involves lots of work and a knowledge of computers, modelling and materials, some photography skills also come in handy... unless you use Ian's pre made scenes
Quote from biggyb :ok guys i noticed many people asking bout rendering and many more to come so to end all this can someone just post a step by step tut on how to do this and sticky it? i have 3dsmax and what now? ive never used it befour so can someone tell me exactly step by step what to do plz? how do i open it how do i put on a skin how do i render it? someone please! put an end to all the questions.

By your post i can understand you are not willing to learn the right way, you are just asking for the easiest way to render your skins. If you just want some skins rendered just post to the proper thread and i'm sure somebody will render them for you.
If indeed you find an easy way to do the renders yourself, im pretty sure you are gonna get bored after 4-5, and stop. So what's the point?
Are you willing to learn some new software that has TONS of uses, or are you just bored waiting in the Render-My-Skin thread's queue?
The only way to make your own renders is to have the geekiness and experiment with 3dsmax more and more till you get what you want.
Quote from ramtech :By your post i can understand you are not willing to learn the right way, you are just asking for the easiest way to render your skins. If you just want some skins rendered just post to the proper thread and i'm sure somebody will render them for you.
If indeed you find an easy way to do the renders yourself, im pretty sure you are gonna get bored after 4-5, and stop. So what's the point?
Are you willing to learn some new software that has TONS of uses, or are you just bored waiting in the Render-My-Skin thread's queue?
The only way to make your own renders is to have the geekiness and experiment with 3dsmax more and more till you get what you want.

Wow dont get me wrong i just want to know how to do it myself. ive not been impatient or anything i just wanna know how to do it and im willing to learn what made u think i wernt? and search didnt help me
#6 - joen
Quote from biggyb :Wow dont get me wrong i just want to know how to do it myself. ive not been impatient or anything i just wanna know how to do it and im willing to learn what made u think i wernt? and search didnt help me

did you check out that link though? that's really all you need to know to get started making a simple render and learn the basics.
IMO, that tut is pointless. i am fluent with computers and rendering with other programs, but when i went to render in 3ds, i got lost using that tut. Its garbage. Oh, and can i get a link to those pre made scenes?

Quote from joen :did you check out that link though? that's really all you need to know to get started making a simple render and learn the basics.

#8 - Davo
Obviously your not fluent in computers and know nothing about 3dsmax since you can't follow the tute. Since you're too lazy to do a search I'm too lazy to do a search for you since your attitude needs a readjustment you can look for them yourself.
#9 - joen
Quote from [Velocity] :IMO, that tut is pointless. i am fluent with computers and rendering with other programs, but when i went to render in 3ds, i got lost using that tut. Its garbage. Oh, and can i get a link to those pre made scenes?

Well, it helped me when I first started and I didn't know anything about rendering programs at that time. So I guess you're not that fluent after all It really can't be explained any clearer, it's just the basics. Maybe you should go through the 3DS manual first. But ofcourse if you expect everything to be pre-made then it's probably a bit too much to take.
That tutorial helped me, and I'm not exactly a whizz on computers (compared to some here), and I knew NOTHING about rendering. I could use AutoCAD though, but that barely helped. I think the tutorial roxx!

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG