The online racing simulator
A few questions
(3 posts, started )
A few questions
Hi,

I have been using LFS for about a week and have a couple of questions;

1. I downloaded a heap of setups from Team Inferno, however there are so many for each car, I don't really know which one to use. Is there some sort of list of the track codes. Also when racing the UF 1000, I am getting dragged off something shocking on the start line and can't catch up. I don't seem to have the same problem with other cars.

2. The Servers will often say that you need a Silver or Gold Licence. Being crap, I think I've got a Copper Licence. Does the system automatically upgrade you when you reach a certain standard ????

Cheers
CRAIG
#2 - Jakg
the license system is run by Becky Rose on 4 servers, the first 2 servers "STCC New & Bronze 1a" or "STCC New & Bronze 1b" are open to anyone, although on one server its just UF1's, and on another its the XFG + XRG, the XRG has to be "unlocked" by doing a few races. When you have Bronze you can use the XRG, and once you have Silver you go onto the next server, "STCC Silver & Gold", driving the XRT+RB4, at gold you unlock the FXO, and then at Platinum you unlock the last server, where the best and coolest () drivers are. At a rediculous number of points you get Titanium, which no-one yet has (Bean0 and Teaz-R are battling out for it), but the first driver to get there gets a prize!

You get points by doing races, getting positions, doing quick laps (and you get bonus points for setting a server record)

more information can be found at license.ukct.net, and to look up how many points you have, go here
To answer your question on setups, these are down to personal preferences, driving style and controller type. A good setup for someone driving with mouse or keyboard may be useless for someone with a wheel. You have to try them out once you have a good feel for the cars and tracks, and see which you feel most comfortable with.
If you are a fairly new driver, a lot of these setups may give a car too difficult to control well in corners and under braking. You should start wityh a slower, more stable setup to improve your times.

A few questions
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG