The online racing simulator
H-Shifter doesn't work on the FOX (Patch V)
I can't use my g25 h shifter for any of the formula cars or single seater cars. Even when i put the setting to shifter and manual clutch. I used to use the h shifter for the FOX all the time before the freaking patch. Now i can't and i will have just wasted money on the g25 if i can't use it on the FOX (which is the only car i drive) . Is there a way to fix this? I really want this fixed! I don't like shifting with the sequential for the FOX. I am pretty pissed!:banghead: This NEEDS to be fixed or im gonna BLOW! :hbomb:
Shift (or Ctrl?) + G.
#3 - joen
And calm down a bit K?
#4 - Renku
as they say: "it's not a bug, it's a feature".
#5 - Jakg
it was removed because irl it would be a sequential
Nope still doesn't work on any single seaters. It works on the normal cars (XRT, FXO, FZ5) but not the car i want it to work on...the FXO!!!
A feature!?! wow! Didn't they think people used the shifter for the FOX? It's a 6 speed! They need to undo that feature.
#7 - joen
You could go in your data\scripts folder and edit FOX.lfs and put in road instead of paddles I think.

And stop the bloody screaming
Im sorry but i'm pretty pissed, i loved useing the shifter for the FOX and did good with it. Ill try doing that.
But how do you put the FOX into road?
** mumbling something about realism **
Can anybody help me? How would i put the FOX in the road category or w/e?
I think you're out of luck. You cannot use an H-shifter on cars that only have sequential transmissions - currently the MRT5, FOX, FO8 and BF1.

The problem here is you only drive the FOX, the solution is to drive a car that isn't incredibly boring (in large doses) and actually experience LFS as a whole.
Thats pretty ridiculous.... How hard could it have been to leave it the way it was. YOu could chose what type of gear selection you wanted instead of using what they make you use. I really think they should fix it where you can atleast switch which gear selection you want for any car. You can't even use automatic transmission for the single seat cars, i don't care about that but it would be a problem for the noobs.
Oh and by the way the FOX isn't the ONLY car i drive, i just use it more than any other car.
#14 - Gunn
Quote from Honda_TypeR_VTEC :Thats pretty ridiculous....

It's not rediculous, it is quite acceptable considering that a similar car in real life would not have a six speed h-pattern gearbox. The same reasoning lies behind the argument that automatic gearboxes shouldn't exist for the FOX either. Besides, the "n00bs" get the benefit of learning how to operate the vehicle properly and the FOX is already the easiest car to learn with in LFS.
By the same logic (which I DO agree with) the automatics in the road cars should be real automatics - not autoshifted manuals. People will whine if Scawen ever puts time into that (how long could it take really... not long) because few people would use it - but some people would. Even just for kicks.
I really could care less if using the h shifter is reaslitic or not for that car. I had a ton of fun using the FOX with the h shifter, isn't that the point of a video game, to have fun?? Im sorry you guys don't agree but i think i should be able to choose what type of gear switching the car uses... whether its realistic or not.
#17 - Gunn
Quote from Honda_TypeR_VTEC :I really could care less if using the h shifter is reaslitic or not for that car. I had a ton of fun using the FOX with the h shifter, isn't that the point of a video game, to have fun?? Im sorry you guys don't agree but i think i should be able to choose what type of gear switching the car uses... whether its realistic or not.

The point of a video game could be anything. A race sim usually would strive for racing realism before striving to be a fun toy. It is typical for a sim to mimmick real life configs for gearboxes and other things. Maybe not what you are used to seeing in your fun games but not unusual in a sim. Maybe what you need is an open-wheeler with an h-pattern box? Make a suggestion in the improvement suggestions section, I'm sure the idea will be popular with others.
I liked the Patch P contact system (Much less laggy crashes) but I don't have that.
I liked the old speedo so I knew the speed I was actually doing as it's something I rely on while driving but I never got that back.

Btw, this isn't just any video game, ovcourse it is supposed to be fun but it isn't the main concept of the game, it is to be a realistic simulator which IMO is much more fun than any other "video game" anyway.

I think you need to calm down though, you knew S2 was still in development when you bought the game, deal with it.
Also if this "feature" is striving to be realistic why did they make the 2 seater cars able to do automatic, h shifter, and sequential??? Then with the one seaters you don't even have a choice.... If they are striving for realism why don't they also make the 2 seaters only have the shifter as the way to switch gears?
The main point im trying to get across is if you want to be totally realistic just keep using sequential shift for the single seater cars and for the people (like me) that care more about how fun it is than the realism just make it so you can choose what type of gear switching you want. I don't get why you guys are arguing with me, if it went back to the way it was (before patch V) it wouldn't hurt you guys at all, you would still beable to use sequential and i would beable to use my shifter and we would both be happy. I just really miss my shifter!! And kinda is a waste of money, because i could have just gotten the cheaper DFP.
#20 - JJ72
Quote from Honda_TypeR_VTEC :Also if this "feature" is striving to be realistic why did they make the 2 seater cars able to do automatic, h shifter, and sequential??? Then with the one seaters you don't even have a choice.... If they are striving for realism why don't they also make the 2 seaters only have the shifter as the way to switch gears?

because people without the shifter will then not be able to drive it,it's obviously a compromise.
#21 - JJ72
Quote from Honda_TypeR_VTEC : I just really miss my shifter!! And kinda is a waste of money, because i could have just gotten the cheaper DFP.

even minus the shifter, there's still a hell of difference between the two.

really, there must be some other cars that would float your boat?
What if you don't have paddles? You wouldn't beable to drive the single seaters.
#23 - JJ72
Quote from Honda_TypeR_VTEC :What if you don't have paddles? You wouldn't beable to drive the single seaters.

The fact is all steering wheel on the market has paddles or at least buttons, but that is simply not the case for shifters.
Talking about keyboard and mouse.....
#25 - Gunn
Quote from Honda_TypeR_VTEC :I don't get why you guys are arguing with me, if it went back to the way it was (before patch V) it wouldn't hurt you guys at all, you would still beable to use sequential and i would beable to use my shifter and we would both be happy.

We are trying to help you understand why the change was made since you seem to be a big panic over it. Personally I couldn't give a toss what you use.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG