The online racing simulator
Remove flying tires
(13 posts, started )
Remove flying tires
Im quite surprised no one has commented on this yet. I yet have to see a real track where the piles of tires are untied to anything.

Why are them free to dance on the track in LFS? I mean, it absolutely adds nothing, they would work better if they didnt move, plus it woulnt be a hazard to drivers coming behind the tire-hitter.
#2 - joen
agreed, +1

I think the moving tires are cool. Having what would be deemed as a movable object on a track to be static is just really lame in my opinion...

I guess you came on here being bugged by it because someone struck a tire in your path? We've all been there, it's just a tire, can happen on real tracks all the time, except we don't have a yellow flag because the tires dissapear quickly
#4 - Davo
haha -1? How are moving tyres and disappearing tyres ok? lol flying and disappearing tyres lame more like
Quote from BurnOut69 :Im quite surprised no one has commented on this yet. I yet have to see a real track where the piles of tires are untied to anything.

Why are them free to dance on the track in LFS? I mean, it absolutely adds nothing, they would work better if they didnt move, plus it woulnt be a hazard to drivers coming behind the tire-hitter.

The guy has a point
No black flags, better solution and besides... Scawen likes to expirement with phsyics, and the motion of some of the objects is kind of nice to have.

Debri on a race track is nothing new... don't know why people think that tracks somehow are invincible to that and things always stay stationary :zombie:
#7 - Gunn
I think the tyre stacks should still move but not scatter like they do. It looks cool but it isn't very safe to have large rubber objects flying amongst the pack. It's all good fun until someone loses a virtual eye. So don't anybody come crying to me with 3D tears down one side of your helmet texture when you get e-hurt in an online race. Tethered tyres +1, static tyres -20.
Im not asking to make them completely static and thus make them act as softened concrete walls, I just dont see the point of having them flying all around since that is something that wont happen in a real race track and could be avoided.

Sure there is debris, but parts coming off a car in an accident isnt the same as automagically regenerated moving tire barriers - which add nothing and may cause a lot of grief.
+1 for tethered tyres. Disrupt the stack if you clip 'em but lets not have them flying about wildly
Tethered tyres, but still allow moveable tyres in au editor so you can place them on tracks where you want
Quote from BurnOut69 :I just dont see the point of having them flying all around since that is something that wont happen in a real race track and could be avoided.

You obviously haven't heard of that WSC crash at Road Atlanta then

But yea, now-a-days they are tethered. +1 to tethering the tires (and real tire-walls where needed!)
#12 - CSU1
-1 , leave as is, fill them with C4 to stop the tyre hitter RoFl BOOOOM!
-1 most of the lfs tracks are club style not gt style, i'd reccomend taking them out of any gp style track but keeping the object for ones like fern bay

Remove flying tires
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG