The online racing simulator
A real long layout at westhill
if you were to compare the new Nurburgring to the old nordschliefe you could compare westhill to this layout Im suggesting

i just thought something with those big sweeping turns only much more would be awesome
I've thought the same too. Westhill appears to look very similar to Nurburgring in a way, and all it needs is a Nordschliefe style track added to it. Something like this lol (scribbles for the large part):

Needs an uber long straight away too. (sorry curves appear sharp in this, it's just a 10 second scribble)
Attached images
westhill_ring.jpg
yeah that would be sweet. Just put a small forrested mountain next to westhill and wind a track around it with lots of precarious drops and brows and such.

Then throw in a 60s style F1 car for good measure
...or you could go play Grand Prix Legends.

Hey, that's a plan. See you later
/sneaks out of work
#5 - aoun
+2
If I wanted a loong track into LFS I would defenately not want it "attached" to Westhill. Westhill is, imho, a great track with the only thing making it bad is the lack of really slow corner. The fast backstraight chicane could be made a lot tighter with some elevation changes.

Maybe make a club version of it and add a very slow chicane on the back straight...

If asked me, I would much rather add a long section into the Blackwood than to Westhill
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=11019
Adding one to Blackwood would actually be a bit more believable yeah. Blackwood is a classic, so if it had an old long track attached, that would make it even more desirable .

Would be great to see ANY track have something attached to it, but Westhill or Blackwood seem to have the best environments for it. Blackwood a bit more in favor because of the 'blackwood forest'... very similar to the style of Nurburgring's back country so to speak.
the forrest invokes my yearnnig for the old hockenheimring back

*sniff sniff* i promised i wouldnt cry!!
Quote from Tweaker :Adding one to Blackwood would actually be a bit more believable yeah. Blackwood is a classic, so if it had an old long track attached, that would make it even more desirable .

Would be great to see ANY track have something attached to it, but Westhill or Blackwood seem to have the best environments for it. Blackwood a bit more in favor because of the 'blackwood forest'... very similar to the style of Nurburgring's back country so to speak.

Like outen park (i think - correct me if im wrong) as it has the track used for the touring cars etc but there is a long track that winds out through the forest. I think it would be good to have a really long track but i dont know how long long i would want it. I mean if you take the longest aston layout if your on your own, even for a 5 lap pick and play race, then it gets boring (imo)

But +1 for a longer track.
#10 - Gunn
Or to kill two budgies with one hammer, make a mountainous and tight section adjoining Westhill which could be used for an extended long version and which also doubles as a point to point hill climb/downhill venue.
I'm not sure whether it is a lot harder to create a totally new track than edit Westhill or Blackwood into some twisty long hilly track.

With Blackwood it would be possible to make some great variations inside the track, coming from the old blackwood where the tarmac is old, kerbs from 1970s and the look of the track is like going back 30 years to the new blackwood with new dark tarmac, shiny kerbs and nice grandstands et all. It would be quite a good looking experience to drive around that kind of mix of very old and very new.

Still, that being said, I would like to see new tracks over new configs, no matter how well they would fit on the current tracks or... Imho, an old historical track would be great addon. Just give us some 1960-70s cars with loads of power and less grip and you have a great venue for historic racing
one of the most important things when having a track like this besides the length, is the difference in heights. blackwood track is flat (i would compare it more to hockenheim then to nürburgring) westhill has already up and down parts, so why not adding there the westhill historic )

+2 for westhill
don´t like the environment on that westhill track...

as long as it´s not yet another aston combo, +1.
+1.

Someone mentioned the boringness of the long Aston config; that's because it's a modern castrated design. It's not a classis balls-out design. I want something that would make Superman himself shart his pants in fear! muahaha...:-X
#15 - dev
Quote from Tweaker :I've thought the same too. Westhill appears to look very similar to Nurburgring in a way, and all it needs is a Nordschliefe style track added to it. Something like this lol (scribbles for the large part):

Needs an uber long straight away too. (sorry curves appear sharp in this, it's just a 10 second scribble)

Oh yeah! That would be great!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG