The online racing simulator
303 Forever?
(37 posts, started )
#1 - TiJay
303 Forever?
Just listened to this and Feel The Silence on my new Hi-Fi setup and I can now say they are brilliant songs in their own right. 303 Forever's thumping bass with the (vocoded?) vocals are great!

So, who did the vocals? Victor? And what the hell is "303 Forever"?
Also, who did the vocals on Feel the Silence?

Maybe ScaViEr could make a few extra bob by selling the soundtrack of LFS on a CD - I'd buy it
#3 - Ian.H
'303' is a drum / bass machine by Roland IIRC.. much like the '808' that was really popular during the late 80s / early 90s with old skool / "rave music".. some great tools to play around with

Regards,

Ian

EDIT: Assuming my guess is right for Vic's naming reason, image attached
Attached images
tb303.jpg
I love the LFS soundtrack, I have it on CD

Feel The Silence is my personal favourite LFS song

303 Forever might be Victor singing

Just kidding Victor
303 was a demo by the ACME group, which Victor produced the audio for.
Quote from the_angry_angel :303 was a demo by the ACME group, which Victor produced the audio for.

That explains a remix of 303 forever I found somewhere (I forgot where) and have on my iPod ...
#7 - TiJay
Quote from TiJay :And if I PM you my email, duke_toaster, can you send me the remix?

Yeah, sure. Or grab me on MSN (saying who you are because half the time when seemingly random people speak to me I recoil immediatly and block them LMAO) - use the MSN profile thing.

And I don't think it was that ACME - I wouldn't (nor a friend of mine who is so metallic he has to be careful he doesn't get impailed on a magnet in physics classrooms) describe 303 Forever or any of the LFS songs for that matter as metalcore.
you can find the demo in here ftp://ftp.scene.org/pub/demos/groups/acme/demos

however it'll probably not run on your computer (it needs something old and dos)

I did the 303 forever remix because the vocals in the demo were so horrible (and rushed - long story), but the song was still nice - i just had to redo it

and yes, that's me singing No vocoder used though.
Thanks Victor Like the singing!

So the original is the one in LFS and the remix is the one that duke_toaster has, right?
Well,
I can only agree that the soundtracks in LFS are truly great. I have been watching some replays with that music in the background, and boy it just fits in so nicely! The music is really great.

I guess it would be too much to ask to have some new soundtrack for the next release of LFS?
The 303 is NOT a drum-machine, it was meant to be a bass-synth for bands who could'nt get a bass player, but the techno-"scene" figured out ways off making it misbehave. and *pafoomf* Electronic music is changed forever.

I'm not the biggest fan of the LFS-tunes. Reminds me to much of some sort of net-cafe music or something. One of them sounds a bit to similar to Felix Da Housecat's Sub.
I thought this was about someone who kept getting some kind of error
ermm.. could some one point me to where I could find the sound track?

I some how have missed this..

thanks

Mad
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :The 303 is NOT a drum-machine, it was meant to be a bass-synth for bands who could'nt get a bass player, but the techno-"scene" figured out ways off making it misbehave. and *pafoomf* Electronic music is changed forever.

Yeah, I couldn't remember off the top of my head. Last time I messed with one was about 15 or so years ago back at school and the only "instruments" I played since were a set of Technics 1200s (silver)

These days it's SoundForge and AcidPro for me.. but only for fun from time to time.

Regards,

Ian
wow thats u singing vic??

doesnt sound like u atall, i had wondered who it was a few weeks ago!
#17 - col
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :The 303 is NOT a drum-machine, it was meant to be a bass-synth for bands who could'nt get a bass player, but the techno-"scene" figured out ways off making it misbehave. and *pafoomf* Electronic music is changed forever.

yep, also, if you want to get a pretty good idea of what it was like to use, there is a simulation of it available called 'rebirth' which is now a free download from propellerheads software.. iirc it has 2 303s, an 808 and a 909... great fun to play with and there are loads of demo tracks on the net.
you will find it here
Just create an account, and download the iso (assuming you have a cd writer)...
Quote from Madman_CZ :ermm.. could some one point me to where I could find the sound track?

I some how have missed this..

thanks

Mad

I 2nd this.
Grab the add-ons music pack from the LFS main site.. loads of extra tracks.. 100+Mb of them

Just had a listen to some again myself (hadn't since S1 days).. some funky tracks in amongst them

Regards,

Ian
Maybe it would be cool to allow members here to upload any of their own original music, then maybe have a poll to find the most popular tracks and then have that hosted on the front page alongside Victor's stuff. Obviously, I don't want to step on anyone's toes here...

Hmm, just an idle thought. Oh, and although there's no vocoder on the 303 tune, do my ears detect some auto-tune?
Turing off music is always the first thing I do when configing games, especially sims.

It seems I might need to turn it on to see what all the fuss is about.
LFS`s Music is simply awesome very subtle stuff , "nova" "keep on going" "feel the silence" , was maybe the 2nd thing that made LFS stand out from the crowd for myself..
Quote from Ian.H :These days it's SoundForge and AcidPro for me.. but only for fun from time to time.

Maybe worth trying fruity loops, but i guess you have ?
303 forever = 303 comes from "Tb - 303" this is the name for famous Roland synth intrudced in early 80 afair.

Wanna know closer what it is and what does it sound like?
Go to www.propellerheads.se > check Rebirth
I used to love the works by Statix and Victor, still remember the beauty demo called Paper.
#25 - col
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :LFS`s Music is simply awesome very subtle stuff , "nova" "keep on going" "feel the silence" , was maybe the 2nd thing that made LFS stand out from the crowd for myself..

Maybe worth trying fruity loops, but i guess you have ?

noooo, fruity is fun, but Orion beats it in every department.
(btw, for those who don't know, Orion vs Fruityloops is like LFS vs rFactor... but older and more bitter )

now to keep on topic, I'm another who turns the music off right away in a sim - if I want music, I have a rather large collection to chose from... I found the soundtrack to 'A Few Dollars More' to be pretty good for Blackwood in the demo days, but more recently it's been no music at all for me.

303 Forever?
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG