The online racing simulator
Hello! I'm looking for a FOX or FO8 league! Can YOU help me?
Hello, i'm from Brazil and our national league will be running cars which interest me only from August onwards.

Now, i've got this 7 other months to drive elsewhere, heh.

I'm really into the FOX and the FO8.

Do you guys know any league which will be running any of these cars?
From now till month 8 of 2007.

(Maybe even the BF1.)

I really don't want to spend all my time on training alone and pub racing.
I'm not fast, i'm a pretty good mid-fielder tho.
And most important of all, i race pretty clean and fair.

So, do you know any leagues who runs any of these cars?
It's gotta be an "international league" (which allows pilots from other countries than it's own) or at least a league where a "test" or something is held prior to accepting a new racer.

Any suggestions, i'm all ears.
Thanks.
#2 - th84
Quote from th84 :I see your from Brazil... try this one....http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=81

New season to start soon. (i think)

Yes, you are correct sir! The League Of The Americas is preparing for new FO8 and new FOX seasons, scheduled to start on February 15, 2007. Registration is set to open tomorrow. An announcement will be made on the LOTA forums and the LOTA league section at these forums!

LOTA Forums updates are set for tonight to prepare for new season registration. Check the forums late tonight or tomorrow for details on the new season and to register!
What time, EST, does registration start? I don't want to miss out on a spot in the FO8 series.
Yeehaaa, yeah banshee, you guys sort out that site (joking ) of yours so i can join the league, pretty please?

i've tried the OWRL but it's german based, right?
And my ping doesn't fare too well there...

So, i better come and race with you LOTA guys.
I've raced with some Core boys in the past on your server and it all went fine.

So... i'm really counting on you man! hehehe

ps: i tried to sign up again at lota's website but it's not avaiable at the moment, right? cheers
League sign-ups are expected to be open starting tomorrow at 08:00 EST. You must be registered on the forums and have a LFS S2 license to register for a series.

We are doing some forum maintenance this evening that will open a whole new area at the LOTA Forums for the racing series we present, where you can get news, schedule information, results/standings, regisration links, a place to lodge a protest (hope not ), and discussion forums. We don't anticipate any issues, as we have done a fair amount of testing so far and it all seems smooth. (Doh! Hope I didn't just jinx the whole thing! :shrug. Anyway, once the maintenance is done, I will be posting here, on the LOTA forums, and sending out emails to each LOTA Forum member with the information.
Aha! I think I may have found an issue. It seems you have chosen to hide your online statistics. When you do this, we cannot retreive stats via PubStats, which is critical to your availibility to be placed on a race server. Please change this setting in the LFSW Settings screen on LFS World.
That's cool, banshee.
So i will be receiving an e-mail when the registration is avaiable?
I registered on the forums already (with a blank login field).

I don't want to miss my spot on the FO8 and FOX series.
If i miss out those, i'm really screwed hehe.

For the sake of curiosity, what time is there now?
I'm at 19:47 (GMT -3) now.

And it will be 08:00 "AM", right?
Cheers.
EST is -5 GMT
If that helps smile
I have estern time! -5 GMT that is correct!
That is correct. LOTA's official time is based on Eastern Standard Time, or GMT (UTC) -5.

FYI...there is an array of present time clocks and an event countdown clock at the bottom of the forums.
Quote from mostflyskaterboy :EST is -5 GMT
If that helps smile

Quote from banshee56 :That is correct. LOTA's official time is based on Eastern Standard Time, or GMT (UTC) -5.

FYI...there is an array of present time clocks and an event countdown clock at the bottom of the forums.

alright, then i"ll register at 6 AM today!! lol =)
yeah i noticed the clocks now, i'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, you know?
Banshee am I aloud in your leagues again now...I want in the vo8 league...
RacerHero,

The League Of The Americas is open to all drivers in the Western Hemisphere that are in good community standing. We don't as a policy, reject anyone's entrance in our leagues, as long as you don't show up on anyone's (Wrecker's Barricade or our founding team's) ban list for intentional wrecking. We encourage drivers of varying skills to join us for quality league racing, but we must insist that our drivers recognize that this is league racing, and all the responsibilities that the "league racing" description entails. We present feature events that are 45 minutes in duration, preceeded by qualifying and a sprint race, and all during these events we expect our drivers to act professionally both off the track and on.

In your case with the RallyCross Championship, we recognized two things in your driving that concerned us, relative to longer league races.

First, your controller type. You had mentioned to me that you were using a gamepad. Normally, this would be an acceptable choice, given a gamepads ability to output analog controls. Your use of the gamepad seemed very erratic, as evidenced, through replays and watching you live, by your inability to drive down a straight in a, well, somewhat straight line. Couple that with the fact that rallying generally requires precise control when competing side-by-side with someone, this did not bode well for you.

Second, your LFS experience and aggressiveness levels must be considered. The LFS inexperience factor normally can be overcome if a driver shows that he/she can control the car and put it in the right situations. Your driving tendancies displayed a higher level of aggressiveness than what is generally acceptable in league racing. Combine inexperience with aggressiveness, and that makes for a undesireable combo for league racing. You have to remember that league races are long, and have more consequences than just the race at hand. More often than not, it is better to not put your car in a questionable situation and wait a few corners or laps to make the pass.

Where am I going with all of this? I would like to see you continue to compete with LOTA. If you will be using your gamepad, I don't, however, think that the FO8 league is the best place for you. We are starting a FOX league that may better suit your experinence level. The FOX, while still providing great competition, is a less challenging car to drive, and may be more forgiving to your controller choice.

Over the next few days, both the LOTA League Server 1 and the CoRe Racing server will be set-up for the first race of each series. You're welcome to come on and test to determine whether the FOX league will suit your league racing needs. In addition to that, LOTA will be hosting a tune-up race for each series on our servers named LOTA League Server 1 & 2. There will be an announcement to this effect soon, and will be open to 20 drivers for each race. You are welcome to join us to see if LOTA is right for you.

If you have any questions, please contact me directly via PM here, or on the LOTA Forums.
If anyone in the Western Hemisphere is still looking for a FO8 or a FOX league, the League Of The Americas has two fresh seasons starting tomorrow for these cars. To be included in the first race, you must be signed up on the site, registered for a series, and have an online PB registered at LFS World by 21:30 EST (GMT-5) this evening!

There are 29 drivers already registered for the FO8 series, and 14 for the FOX series, so there is room left!

Visit: League Of The Americas
CSR FOX League starting in January
Have you actually had a look at the date of the last post before you bumped it?
:ices_rofl
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :Have you actually had a look at the date of the last post before you bumped it?

HAHAHA, no i didnt, oooops :O

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG