The online racing simulator
My new gear stick....
(13 posts, started )
My new gear stick....
had a really old thrustmaster fighter X joystick hiding at my parents house so i brought her home and modded her

i took the handle off along with alll the buttons, and fitted an old nob i had laying about the house..

it was a pain though as when i had finished it, i went too plug it in, and noticed i didnt have a game port :cry: :doh: so off i went too look in my back of tricks and pulls out an old pci sound card with a game port on it.. result. fitted it bobs your uncle it worked ... :banana_ra

iv had too stick it in my drawer in the deck as the missus wouldnt let me screw it too the deck :Cry:

what you think LOL
looks good, is it just a sequential ?
yes mate just up and down, how i like it LOL
Quote from niffer022 :yes mate just up and down, how i like it LOL

ill pretend i dont have a clue what your on about

yea i like it, short gearstick.. best way

as for the wheel... illepall
Quote from R3DMAN :ill pretend i dont have a clue what your on about

yea i like it, short gearstick.. best way

as for the wheel... illepall

LOL

i know the wheels lame as hell, it only cost £5 from local second hand shop... it will do till i can get abit of money put away for a better one
Quote from niffer022 :LOL

i know the wheels lame as hell, it only cost £5 from local second hand shop... it will do till i can get abit of money put away for a better one

G25.. cant reccomend it enough.
id have one mate but there alot of money...
#8 - ajp71
Quote from niffer022 :id have one mate but there alot of money...

You don't need a G25, no one really does, TBH you can be as fast with a basic Logitech FF GP as a top of the range wheel and pedals (and remember G25 is still a budget wheel), a G25 will simply be a nicer experience and have a shorter learning curve due to the increased smoothness and precision. What you really need is FF and split axis pedals, a Logitech FF GP will do the trick if you can find one otherwise DFP would probably be the best bet for around £60. I'd only buy the FF GP new though because after 12 months of hard use mine disintegrated.
I wouldn't bother with a formula force GP or whatever the successor is called (formula force ex/fx?), as the dfp is not that much more expensive but a lot better quality and it has 900°. I only use 540°, though, but it's much more precise especially in tight corners.
coool! does it work as an H-shifter or sequential?
Quote from Fischfix :coool! does it work as an H-shifter or sequential?

R3DMAN wrote: looks good, is it just a sequential ?

niffer022 wrote: yes mate just up and down, how i like it LOL

:slap: :haha:
#12 - SamH
The DFP has paddles (but they're crap really.. just buttons) and a sequential shifter, which is on the right-side of the wheel so it's ideal for most Europeans and North Americans, but no good to Ozzies, Japs or Brits because you can't switch the side it sits on. All in all though, the DFP is a pretty fine wheel. Quality of build is, apparently, quite a way short of the G25, which is solid and bound with leather rather than this strange sticky-feeling rubber on the DFP.

I'm planning on getting a G25 ultimately, because I want a clutch pedal and an H shifter to enhance my driving experience. Everyone I know who has one, says they get slower with a G25 and yet they all seem to love it.. this suggests to me that it's worth having. Strange but true
Quote from 510N3D :R3DMAN wrote: looks good, is it just a sequential ?

niffer022 wrote: yes mate just up and down, how i like it LOL

:slap: :haha:

O K

My new gear stick....
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG