The online racing simulator
required download bandwidth?
(3 posts, started )
Is the required download bandwidth much smaller than the required upload bandwidth when i host a game? Im assuming since data for every player needs to be sent to every other player (11 cars 11 times over for full grid) compared to me only having to download information for one car for each player.. does this mean that my currently capped (for downloads only) conection 64/660kbs is ok?

Sorry if i doesnt make sense. I tried to explain it best as i could
For the first question: Yes. For the rest of your post: It might not be enough. If I remember correctly 1.5 kb/s is needed for one car (when hosting) so if you have a full demo server that should be 11x1.5 to be downloaded which is above your 7kb/s download speed.
On the host configuration page it says the upload per car is 576b/s (6 pps). Would the data sent from one player to the host be much different than the data sent for one car from the host to another player? I was thinking that i would need 576bs x 11 which is less than my 8KB/s download speed. Supose the only way to findout for sure is wait till i get a full grid

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG