The online racing simulator
Problems with MS Sidewinder FF
(14 posts, started )
Got a problem with my Sidewinder FF, everything is working as it should, apart from the pedals.
I´ve installed the software so i got the pedals separated, but the problem is that when i press the accelerator or the break, there are just two positions for them. For example- When i press the accelerator, nothing happens until I pressed it down halfway, then it´s like i pushed the pedal to the metal.
It´s really hard to drive like this, I spin around in every curv.
Does anyone have the solution for this problem?

Forgot to mention that the pedals seems to work as they should in the control panel in Windows (XP)
Have i missed any configuration in LFS?
I got the same problem irrespective of if i driving in LFS, or calibrating in LFS.

Thanks in advance.

Björn
i think you have to make them as Axes somewhere in LFS settings, not as buttons. i don't use the seperated pedals at the moment for my MSSWFF (i know i should but i am still to lazy to reconfiguring myself for that...)

anyway i had it installed some times ago in patch U or something and it worked then...
I can´t find where it would be possible to choose between axes and buttons...
Does anyone know were?
Quote from Bjerns :I can´t find where it would be possible to choose between axes and buttons...
Does anyone know were?

LFS
Options -> Controls -> Throttle / Brake axes:
#5 - Dru
re-calibrate from windows and this will sort it out as well
I´m not home just now, but I´ll try this when I am home again, and if I don´t get it to work I´ll be back...
Thanks
I have a MS FF wheel, and none of the above will make any difference. What you have to do (I had this problem once) is run the program attached, and use it to edit the Z rotation axis. Then I promise you it will work.
Attached files
DXTweak2.zip - 32.5 KB - 140 views
Solved this same problem 2 years ago and DaveWS has it exactly right.

DXTweak ftw
It sounds that Dave has right, cause I tried anything else, I´ll be back when i tried the tweak. 40min left from work, want to go home and play!
Thanks guys!
It works! thanks a lot guys!
Doesn't work for me.

When I calibrate the throttle and push all the way down on it as soon as I try to push the brakes nothing happens. Then when I let go of the gas it puts 50% on the throttle.

I seem to be having trouble getting the brake peddle on the Z axis.

Help? I tried using that installer.
MS SideWinder FF Problem
I have had this wheel for a few years & its been fine, but last week it just started playing up.

It affects LFS to the point of 2fps & no controlability

I removed it from joysticks in XP & tried to re-install. It keeps saying device is not connected properly but it is plugged in just the same as it has always been.

Has anyone had a similar problem or know a way of fixing this?
edit: I have managed to install the wheel it just does that damn jerky thing in LFS.

I have also re-installed LFS?

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG