The online racing simulator
stcc - 1 new & bronze with uf1
got to say this, and give props to the people running the STCC servers - changing the new & bronze server to run extended races with UF1 only was total stroke of genius

i've never had so much fun on an online racing game, and if you haven't paid the server a visit, i suggest you do. having every car identical (and hilariously entertaining to drive) makes the racing thoroughly addictive. i've spent too much time on there the last few days.

so yeah, pat on the back to whoever came up with it!

the xfr & xrg are pretty boring to drive now!
#2 - mr_x
I couldn't agree more, I love the UF1, it's easy to drive, but hard to drive fast and always produces the closest and best racing!

I just wish it was used more!!
I have to agree with you there!

The race's are very close, and sometimes there may be just a few second gap between the leader and the last person.

I also feel, they prove a good ground for learning tracks whilst still being competetive.

Matt
Quote from mr_x :I couldn't agree more, I love the UF1, it's easy to drive, but hard to drive fast and always produces the closest and best racing!

I just wish it was used more!!

it's sweet isn't it.

i've made the biggest leap driving this car - i graduated to bronze with the xfg but really never made much of an impact in races... i've found the xrg a pig to drive - i know it's down to the driver, but with the uf1 i'm now getting close to the fast people - it seems to be much more responsive to setup tweaks and very rewarding to push at the limit.
i love it on those servers only started playing in there last week. but its ban hard too get it. there alway full LOL
I've not been in for a week - drat this working away from home!
#7 - ajp71
So they've replaced XFG/XRG with UF1 well I have to say I'm a bit sad to hear that because the XFG/XRG were under used before the STCC came along and I still dislike the open topped Mini nonsense.
#8 - Davo
XFG/XRG are still used on the 1a S1 server. XRG > UF1.
I really like the server, and I am in the mindset that a full grid of UF1's is probably the most intense, close, insane racing you will see in Live For Speed
yep the new server just fits my needs
Where is the thread / details / info on how this STCC licence stuff works?? I did search but couldn't find anything.
#12 - SamH
Thankyou. I thought perhaps you had to apply for a license or something. It's all automated then?

I raced for a while on the UF1 server yesterday and had some good races. Do you receive a password for the higher servers when you progress, or is the whole thing automated?
#14 - SamH
It's automated. You can join the higher servers if you've attained a Bronze licence, and you can spectate the races there. If you only have a Copper licence, the server will kick you immediately on joining.

Once you've got your silver licence, you can join the Silver & Gold server to race, but you still can't join in on the Platinum server until you've earned a Platinum licence.

No passwords are required.. the STCC licencing system handles the permissions
why is the STCC Server protected by a password?

By the way: This Cup is a very good idea
#17 - Jakg
the last server is passworded because the STCC league is running, it will be un-passworded after about 9 or 10 GMT tonight
im brand new to this LFS racing sim and went on this server last night, i had a brilliant time although i dont think i got any better than 10th The little UF1000 things are sooo much fun, i like sitting back on the first lap/corner and watching everyone pile into it, usually i make up all the places i can on the frst corner as long as i dont get caught up
Had the awesomest time last night on the UF1 Server.
Had some good fights with tournis and Chris
Wish that were more servers like that
Great idea with UF1. Nice close racing and lot of fun! Thanks! :bowdown:
totally brilliant battles with a bloke called rael this morning!

if dawn of the dead wasn't on c4 tonight i'd have to whittle away another couple of hours

when i get my silver licence, can i stay on this server please?!
You can, but you won't make any progress with your licence.

Hopefully, by the time you've got to that point you'll have got a bit faster, a bit smoother and you can start all over again battling against other Silver and Gold licenced drivers on the Silver and Gold server.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG