The online racing simulator
is there anyway of making the bump valve louder?
as above is there anyway too make it louder than the engine...
whats a bump valve?
that thing turbo's have that go...... whhhhhhhhhtttshhhhhhhhh.... if you know what i mean LOL
iv done that already, i ment in really make it loud...
:riceboy:
nothing wrong with hearing a bump valve go off LOL
Quote from niffer022 :iv done that already, i ment in really make it loud...

1)
Use the LFS engine editor, save the sample dump valve sound [S]
Make the saved sample louder in some sound editor like Nero Wave Editor.
(I've done a louder one for you if you don't know how to edit wav files.)
Unzip this to LFS/data/engine/ XRT Dump Valve Big_DV.zip
Use the LFS engine editor, load the LOUDER sample dump valve [L] you just made.

2)
Still lost?
Load this engine file XRT_Big_DV.eng
Thread has instructions how to load it :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=18232
And you can still increase the Dump Valve volume if its still not loud enough.

3)
Use the editor to make all the other sounds quieter.
Decrease cockpit muffling.
Then, turn up your speakers.
Attached files
Big_DV.zip - 23.9 KB - 1409 views
XRT_Big_DV.eng - 378.4 KB - 1784 views
oh mate thats really cool cheers..

i really aint got a clue about this editting stuff. will you do me a massive favour and make me one of those for the FXR please but could you make the noise abit longer when changing gear... its stead of a little ttssh.. more of a tttttsssshhhhhhhh...

thanks in advance..
Quote from niffer022 :nothing wrong with hearing a bump valve go off LOL

Nothing wrong with hearing all the nice useful energy being wasted in making a noise rather than kept and making you faster.
Quote from tristancliffe :Nothing wrong with hearing all the nice useful energy being wasted in making a noise rather than kept and making you faster.

surely increasing the sound of the dump valve aint gonna slow the car down... illepall
Quote from niffer022 :oh mate thats really cool cheers..

i really aint got a clue about this editting stuff. will you do me a massive favour and make me one of those for the FXR please but could you make the noise abit longer when changing gear... its stead of a little ttssh.. more of a tttttsssshhhhhhhh...

thanks in advance..

/me closes CSR....

How did I know you would ask me that ?
I will do a FXR - Its uses the same Dump Valve sample. As do the other turbo cars as far as i can tell.

Your loading in new engine sounds - your only one click away from importing your own louder Dump Valves. So you can do it yourself for other cars using that previous zipped wav file. Then click the [L] next to the Dump Valve volume slider.

Here's an FXR done the same way.. FXR_Big_DV.eng

>instead of a little ttssh.. more of a tttttsssshhhhhhhh...<
Well that's another story. I'm assuming your using semi auto gears and auto clutch. In a real car, if you changed gears in 0.4 seconds you probably would hear a ttssh as well. This is built into LFS because as soon as you drop into the next gear your engine revs are still high, thus not requiring a "Dump of Extra air". If you change gears like in a real car (releasing the throttle) and using a clutch your revs drop and you hear a longer pwsssst sound. I dont know how to get around this in LFS. And if I'm wrong, I apologise for the "bad tech car-speech"

edit: I think Tristan means the longer pwssssst sound means the car is loosing power because all that built up boost pressure is dumping into the air, which could have been used to make your car go faster.
Attached files
FXR_Big_DV.eng - 377.8 KB - 704 views
dude thats awesome thankyou very much.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG