The online racing simulator
LFS Crashing
(6 posts, started )
LFS Crashing
hey people im new at this and im having a major problem.

Ive been playing lfs for about 4 months now and havent had a problem untill now, when i play the game it freezes and crashes my computer and i have to restart. it wont let me get access to task manager or tab out of the program. it even happens when i play on single player. the game will play fine for about 10 - 15 minutes then just crash, it doesnt lag or nothing.

please can someone help me out????

thanks in advance
Quote from Drift-Ni Crick :
Ive been playing lfs for about 4 months now and havent had a problem untill now

I think it is quite obvious that LFS is most probably not the problem because it ran fine for 4 months, as you say. Sounds more like some hardware defect.
Quote from Jo-Chen :Sounds more like some hardware defect.

yes but what hardware could it be? graphics card, hard drive .......
You say it crashes your computer. You should check if the option to reboot automatically your pc is on or off. If it's on, disable it. Check here for instructions.
This should, in case of reboots due to severe operating system errors, give a blue screen instead of a reboot. It's however a good practice to disable it in any case. If you get a blue screen, write down the reason of the kernel error and the numbers and do a google search. It may give good hints.
Overheating problems: make sure fans are working and clean, and that you have a good airflow inside the case. Check the temperature with some tool like Everest, but there are many others.
RAM problems: Check with memtest86 and prime95 (two good ram testing tools) if there are errors.
Driver problems. Use drivers that are certified by Microsoft if possible. Use dxdiag to verify it.
There are possible additional causes (CPU, faulty vga card, power supply problems, and others) but the description of the problem you have is too generic at the moment. Try to find out more.
As long as you're able to verify and give information, you'll probably get some useful hints here. But at the moment it's almost impossible.
If you can play fine for 5-10mins before you encounter the freeze, it sounds very much like an overheating cpu, as writen above you might need to clean out the fans, fins, and filters on/in your PC and check your fans are all running ok (1 may have failed?).

If the PC is old you may need to clean and "re-grease" your cpu (especialy if its a brand name).

have you installed anything (hw or sw) just prior to the freezes ?

Post as much info as you can about your HW it could help.

SD.
hello again i got it sorted out, i took my computer appart and cleaned it and then i defraged and checked my hard drives, it found a bad sector and marked it and now the game plays fine. thanks for all the help

LFS Crashing
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG