The online racing simulator
Quote from joen :The question the way it was meant is how you are able to use LFSTweak when you appear to be a demoracer. As demoracers aren't able to use LFSTweak without being naughty.

he´s a CRACKER!

it´s smells toasted banana
In wich map do i have to put the sounds??
Where to put files
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :......
files will be stored in X:\Live For Speed\data\engine

The files must be of type xxxxxx.eng
A quite easy request...
Hello there guys!

I`ve just a question to all of you: has anyone of you already been able to create a very realistic and original sound and maybe even a matching tweak for the "old" VR6 engine made by VAG? I mean not the normal sound, I mean "the" VR6 sound...that noise from hell as i like to call it...VR6 with K&N 57i kit...

If anyone has been able to create it I would fall on my knees and kiss his feet if he would be so good as to share it with me and all the others around here!

I`ve surely already have tried to create that sound, too, but mine isn`t that good...also sounds nice, but not like the...you know?

I`ll post my sets and tweaks here for you...

Thanks for your help already...

Alexlion a.k.a. "I-just-love-that-sound-of-a-VR"
Attached files
vr6 tweaks and sound.rar - 147.4 KB - 3833 views
Sorry, forgot sth...
And, as the last part of a nearly perfect introducion...
...I give you a video of a VR6 with that K&N57i kit in action with full throttle...for sure...

That`s all I can give you for preparing for your (and still my) job...

Thanks for listening...

Alexlion
Attached files
Golf VR6 Syncro 0-100Kmh.rar - 1.7 MB - 4898 views
And, it`s really the last one, another vid from...
???
Quote from Rotatox :ok thanks for that, didnt know you could upload files on here....anyway there it is....it can obviously be changed to suit tastes, but i think this sounds best!....just like any rotary should

wat a disapointment!
Here is an engine sound I made today. I had my friend drive a lap around Westhill, as I couldn't aces my PC, so, thats why the driving sucks.

Cheers,
Matt.
Attached files
[GH] Dusty_SO4R_FO8_2.spr - 25.7 KB - 892 views
FO8_oldF1.eng - 318.3 KB - 1439 views
Here's my engine sounds, my faves are the FXR, FXO, RB4 and the XRT.
Attached files
engine.rar - 1.5 MB - 7175 views
Engine 2.rar - 1.3 MB - 6214 views
Erm I just played around with my Sound Editor so I got these. Enjoy!

EDIT: Since it took up alot of space on my attachments, I decided to upload on my website. Thanks :hyper:

EDIT2: Attachments removed. Links are up.
XFG--Hachiroku

XRG-- Race

XRT-- Race

XRT-- Rally

XRT-- Silvia

XRT-- WRC

Ok Enjoy the engine sounds
Looks like this thread is a little bit dead... Anyone can you test the sounds here or reply. If not this thread will die!
Hi
How do you change the engine sound once youve downloaded it??

Thankyou
Quote from Drift Thorpey :How do you change the engine sound once youve downloaded it??

Thankyou

Once you have placed the soundxxx.eng file into the lfs/data/engine folder, start up LFS, go to a race track, then press Shift-A for the editor menu when you are on the track.

You see this screen....
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=23139&d=1169352837

Load Button: to load the new sound.
Move the sliders to edit the sound you have loaded.
Save, Delete etc etc.
Can sound samples be played outside the game?
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm new to the game. All the sounds posted here are to be downloaded and installed into the game - fine. I now understand how to access them within the game but is there no facility for samples to be played on this forum?
It seems very long winded to d'load, install, crank up the game, edit, continue etc if only to find I don't like that sound and have to reload the original or another alternative and try again. There are so many available, judging by the number being posted here, and if they could be heard on site here we could flip through them selecting those we particularly like before d/loading and installing them. Or have I missed something very basic?
Alt-Tabbin'

Cheers,
Matt.
Quote from choxaway :Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm new to the game. All the sounds posted here are to be downloaded and installed into the game - fine. I now understand how to access them within the game but is there no facility for samples to be played on this forum?
It seems very long winded to d'load, install, crank up the game, edit, continue etc if only to find I don't like that sound and have to reload the original or another alternative and try again. There are so many available, judging by the number being posted here, and if they could be heard on site here we could flip through them selecting those we particularly like before d/loading and installing them. Or have I missed something very basic?

No there is no possibility of trying out the sounds without using LFS. If you dislike the sounds in LFS, don't worry, they are produced in real-time, unlike other games which play samples unaltered. They will get much better in time.
Quote from choxaway :Sorry - don't get it . . .

When you press Alt+Tab, it windows out whatever you are in. Start up LFS, when you are gonna test sounds, stick the car in neutral, and alt tab out of the game. Save which ever sound you want, and then, click the button on your windows taskbar to bring LFS back up. Rinse and repeat.

Cheers,
Matt.
Quote from KanseiDneova :When you press Alt+Tab, it windows out whatever you are in. Start up LFS, when you are gonna test sounds, stick the car in neutral, and alt tab out of the game. Save which ever sound you want, and then, click the button on your windows taskbar to bring LFS back up. Rinse and repeat.

Cheers,
Matt.

Thanks Matt - just me being a bit dense.:dunce:
I'll start testing some sounds.
Noob @ these forums, but check it out, I was messing around with the engine sounds of the XRT last time and came up with this. Let me know what you think.

XRT_Type R.eng
Attached files
XRT_Type R.eng - 378.4 KB - 3827 views
any1 got a BA18DET (Nissan 200SX S13) soundfile for the XRT?

Engine Sound Sharing
(983 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG