The online racing simulator
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :omg plz dont quote the whole post O_o
ill do that later
*edit* done.

when are you posting it
u might wanna read the first post better, cuz it was posted when i edit my last post
its right above the UF1 downloads
Updated BF1
Have made this louder than when originally posted (in another thread)
Attached files
BF1_teeemboV2.eng - 385.2 KB - 4183 views
Quote from teeembo :Have made this louder than when originally posted (in another thread)

Might wanna mention the original author...

edit: just realized, it could be yourself!
Quote from Phill :Might wanna mention the original author...

So, to use these, i just put the downloaded sound in the engine folder and then run the game?
yep.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :yep.

Wrong. You have to type "/edit_eng" then Shift+a. In your first post, you didnt tell anyone where to type it. You said chatbox, but wtf is a chatbox?
#83 - joen
Quote from [Velocity] :Wrong. You have to type "/edit_eng" then Shift+a. In your first post, you didnt tell anyone where to type it. You said chatbox, but wtf is a chatbox?

uhm, press "T" ?
i dont know what u would call it.
chat window, chat box whatever, its the same thing and i dont think i couldve made it much clearer.
Quote from joen :uhm, press "T" ?

For others that dont call it a "chatbox", they might get confused when doing this. [I know what T does, im not stupid, but i dont call it a chatbox]

Its best to simply put:

1. Extract sounds to x:/Lfs/Data/Eng
2. While on the track in LFS, hit T.
3. With the type command open, type /edit_eng
4. Hit enter
5. Hit Shift + A
6. Go to load in the top corner, and pick a sound.
7. Enjoy the new sound.

See now if the first post has said what i said above, i wouldnt have needed to ask such a dumb question.

Boosted, maybe you can modify first post to say the steps? Just a thought.
#86 - MR_B
Blimey, bit of PMT going on here!

I'm really pleased the devs thought of giving us a little tweaking ability in the form of sounds. I feel it's enhanced lfs a little, not but much, just a little.
as scawen said, it wasnt meant to be public but some1 found it and now it is
and i dont see how this could do any harm so we can enjoy this feature
#88 - MR_B
exactly! But it was nice of them to secretly make it :P
#89 - joen
I feel it has enhanced LFS quite immensely actually. After the new sound engine was released I wasn't very impressed with the new sounds but I could see the potential of the new engine. Now that I have used some of the custom sounds people have come up with I'm definitely a firm believer in the new engine. The sounds I use now are at least 100 times better than the default ones pre-V. So it has improved big time. Makes me excited about future development and enhancements
Here is a sound for XFG witch i made, not bad i think not too noisy
Attached files
XFG_Stalker.eng - 270.9 KB - 14623 views
Is it me or i dont find x:/Lfs/Data/Eng that folder ? :S
It's the ENGINE folder not the ENG.

About the X: drive now, It's not an X drive.
Actually X means the drive where the LFS.exe resides eg for my installment x=C:\ so the full path is C:\LFS\DATA\ENGINE

For you it might be C:\Program Files\LFS\DATA\ENGINE.

Also make sure you have patch V installed
My MRT5 Sound

Aim was to let it sound a bit more like a bike, because it has an bike engine

Credit to DaveWS for letting me use his gear whine sample
Attached files
MRT_ATHome.eng - 334 KB - 3444 views
Quote from [Velocity] :For others that dont call it a "chatbox", they might get confused when doing this. [I know what T does, im not stupid, but i dont call it a chatbox]

Its best to simply put:

1. Extract sounds to x:/Lfs/Data/Eng
2. While on the track in LFS, hit T.
3. With the type command open, type /edit_eng
4. Hit enter
5. Hit Shift + A
6. Go to load in the top corner, and pick a sound.
7. Enjoy the new sound.

See now if the first post has said what i said above, i wouldnt have needed to ask such a dumb question.

Boosted, maybe you can modify first post to say the steps? Just a thought.

BWAHAHAHA, your a noob you know that? in boosted's first post, i clearly understood what he meant, your forgeting he's german, so he may know alot of the english language but i doubt he knows every single english word (no offence boosted ) so, velocity, take a chill pill or STFU

frenchy

btw, boosted, great thread you got here mate, thx.
i didnt and wont change my first post, cuz so far everybody could understand it.
i found it kinda funny that an american comes and tells me he doesnt understand it...
my english is far away from beeing perfect but i made it pretty clear.
and now guys, post some new engine sounds
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :i didnt and wont change my first post, cuz so far everybody could understand it.
i found it kinda funny that an american comes and tells me he doesnt understand it...
my english is far away from beeing perfect but i made it pretty clear.
and now guys, post some new engine sounds

Just scroll a litte up, there is my MRT5 sound.

And here comes my UF1 sound

Credit goes again to DaveWS because of the gear whine sample
Attached files
UF1_ATHome.eng - 300.1 KB - 4850 views
Quote from Phill :Might wanna mention the original author...

Yes, the author was me - Phil your excellent overdriving of the LFS sound system is what inspired me to TURN IT UP!

I've had no feedback on this yet but I believe it sounds really good (I just came back and checked, and I still love it but then again I'm on my fifth beer !)

I wanted a sample for the engine 'bang' that was of the right state of tune, but distinct from the other bangs (as an F1 sample would have overlapping 'bangs'). I found a Ducati MotoGP sample and used this as it is a V4 and fires less often.

I also wanted more of a 'roar' for the intake so I found a clip on YouTube of a Eurofighter taking off and adapted that. I know its a bad loop.

I love the way the clipping causes 'crackling' and 'popping' particularly when TC is activated.

I really believe in these samples, so if anyone more talented than me can use them to better effect, that would be great.

Here's hoping for an awesome LFS system in the end
I had a go at making some sounds that vaguely sounded like certain cars. The closest being the AE86 one I made for the XRT.
Attached files
XRT_Onevia.eng - 378.4 KB - 15492 views
XRT_HachiRoku.eng - 378.4 KB - 19033 views
Quote from mcintyrej :I had a go at making some sounds that vaguely sounded like certain cars. The closest being the AE86 one I made for the XRT.

Nice sound you got there! I love the AE86...

Engine Sound Sharing
(983 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG