The online racing simulator
AutoSimSport needs Articles about Live for Speed for God's sake
AutoSimSport is the most popular Online Racing Simulation Magazine in the World. Thousands of readers every month.

Live for Speed is the most popular Online Racing Simulation in the World. Thousand drivers Racing it every day.

LFS got more people Racing Online than any other Simulation.

So why do these things not find together? Why do we have 40 pages in ASS about GTR2, 20 pages about rFactor, 10 pages about GPL and 0 pages about LFS?

Simply, there is nobody who wants to write Articles about LFS. Alot of people who race other Sims have no idea about LFS superb tyre physics, they look down on LFS as it looks like an Arcade Game on first sight, most people do not know LFS got tyre flex for example.

If you can write and are interested in doing so just for once, or regularly, for the interest and benefit of Live for Speed please consider writing Articles about LFS.

It can be anything, you could describe what the LFS Physics do, what does make LFS unique and how does it differ to other Sims, you can write an overview about the Leagues that LFS has, you can write about the latest Test Patch Progress, you can write about some great Race like the 24 hours Race last Week, you can write about everything that is interesting to you.

Alot of people in the Racing Simulation Community have never heard of LFS, alot of people think it looks like an Arcade Game. So if you got the will to write something, please do so, AutoSimSport would like to publish more Articles about LFS, if only they would get something from us. So please think about it.

:rock_band
From what I hear they are eager to get articles about LFS and wish to run as many as they can get their hands on =)
Quote :Why do we have 40 pages in ASS about GTR2, 20 pages about rFactor, 10 pages about GPL and 0 pages about LFS?

Simply, there is nobody who wants to write Articles about LFS.

... including their staff.

Does Car & Driver rely on their readership to submit articles about, say, Mercedes-Benz while their in-house staff write article after endless article about every other manufacturer in the market? Does F1 Magazine call on their readership to submit articles about Renault F1 while packing their magazine full of fluff pieces about all the other teams? No, of course not; the idea is ludicrous.

The fact that AutoSimSport does not cover LFS is entirely a conscious decision on their part. They have staff writers; they have editorial staff. If they truly wanted to provide LFS coverage, they would devote staff resources to doing so. They haven't. Read into that what you will.
I can appreciate that it does look like lack of effort on their part, but I do think you need community input to publicise something like this. It's easy enough to stumble upon GTR2 stuff because it'll have a massive PR budget, but indie products are always harder to push into the limelight.

It would take so many employees to cover every single 'sim' on the market that I don't think it's unreasonable to ask the community for help. Especially since (as I've said before) the LFS community has the reputation of being very exclusive and keeps itself to itself - we don't mind, but it's not good for promotion.

I said last time that I'd like to be able to do these kind of articles, but I'm not sure I'm qualified Also, as was also said the last time, LFS is the odd one out in the above list because it's not even close to being considered finished. Is it fair to promote something that's likely to change quite a lot before release?
Quote from BuddhaBing :... including their staff.

Does Car & Driver rely on their readership to submit articles about, say, Mercedes-Benz while their in-house staff write article after endless article about every other manufacturer in the market? Does F1 Magazine call on their readership to submit articles about Renault F1 while packing their magazine full of fluff pieces about all the other teams? No, of course not; the idea is ludicrous.

The fact that AutoSimSport does not cover LFS is entirely a conscious decision on their part. They have staff writers; they have editorial staff. If they truly wanted to provide LFS coverage, they would devote staff resources to doing so. They haven't. Read into that what you will.

Please keep in mind that this AutoSimSport Online Magazine is not like any company you mentioned, it is not like any Magazine you could buy at a Shop.

This Magazine is for free, written by people like you and me who share the same hobby and write something about it, they simply do not have writers and Articles for Live for Speed. Do you want some GTR2 or rFactor Fanboy writing about Live for Speeds Physics for example? The best people to write about LFS are in the LFS community.

Quote from Dajmin :I can appreciate that it does look like lack of effort on their part, but I do think you need community input to publicise something like this. It's easy enough to stumble upon GTR2 stuff because it'll have a massive PR budget, but indie products are always harder to push into the limelight.

It would take so many employees to cover every single 'sim' on the market that I don't think it's unreasonable to ask the community for help. Especially since (as I've said before) the LFS community has the reputation of being very exclusive and keeps itself to itself - we don't mind, but it's not good for promotion.

I said last time that I'd like to be able to do these kind of articles, but I'm not sure I'm qualified Also, as was also said the last time, LFS is the odd one out in the above list because it's not even close to being considered finished. Is it fair to promote something that's likely to change quite a lot before release?

It would be nice if you could write something. I think it is fair to promote something that isnt finished yet, because alot of things in Live for Speed are more finished than in other Sims.

The Reader should be kept aware that Live for Speed is work in Progress, but nevertheless its worth buying it already, to get a Sim that is more finished than other things currently on the Market.
#6 - avih
If anyone does write an article about LFS, I seriously suggest using pics from Don's slowmo vids. Especially the one where you can see the tire deformations. On the LX car
#7 - Ian.H
ASS has articles!?

Must have missed those in amongst all the ads. I thought it was a classifieds rag

Regards,

Ian
Just reading through the GPL preservation society article... and this line made me chuckle..

"Even online, many of the leagues are still thriving; UKGPL is about to start season 13 with four divisions, GPL isn't going anywhere for a while yet.

rFactor, NkPro, GTR and the like are all excelent simulator platforms but that misses the point"

Heh... how NKPro even gets a mention and LFS does not I don't know! and the fact that NKPRO and the word excellent is in the same sentence

I do agree though we as a community who feel very passionate about LFS should make some effort to put some article together once a month to tell and show people what LFS is all about and what a great WIP Sim it is. I think a bit of publicity would be good. I am sure that there are lot of people out there who are looking for the most realistic sim on the market but then choose rTractor or GTR2 to play rather than LFS simply because they don't know LFS even exists.

I am sure that many people from the LFS community could contribute and put something together, we have plenty of clever people here with good writing skills, replace some of that forum sitting/reading/posting/living with some article writing.... faster1111 anyone?

mad
Right, I'm good with words (m3h kin speel gud). I'm sure I can knock something out. Just need to work out what needs to be said. Since I'm at work I guess I can start making notes now

[Edit: Oooh, post 600 ]
Talk to the editors to see what type of article they will want for their Feburary Issue. Write it up, possibly post it in here first, then send it off to ASS to be published, their editors will edit it for grammar errors possibly reformat it a bit. Depends on how good the article is in the first place.

BTW there will be a suprise in ASS on Saturday =) More along ASS WILL be running an article pertaining to LFS
Quote from BuddhaBing :... including their staff.

I absolutely agree with this. No matter if ASS is free or not, if they want to be a journalistic product (which is certainly the impression they try to convey), they can't rely on articles about a certain product written by "fanboys" (no pun intended) of that particular product. They need articles written by unbiased sim-experts. And given the fact that they see themselves as sim-experts, I really don't see a reason why at least one person of their staff shouldn't be able to have a closer look into LFS. Just my humble opinion, of course.
Quote from Linsen :I absolutely agree with this. No matter if ASS is free or not, if they want to be a journalistic product (which is certainly the impression they try to convey), they can't rely on articles about a certain product written by "fanboys" (no pun intended) of that particular product. They need articles written by unbiased sim-experts. And given the fact that they see themselves as sim-experts, I really don't see a reason why at least one person of their staff shouldn't be able to have a closer look into LFS. Just my humble opinion, of course.

Well they do do content reviews by themselves. They more asking for articles about the community and whats happening in the game that could only be seen from "inside"
Quote from Viper93 :Well they do do content reviews by themselves. They more asking for articles about the community and whats happening in the game that could only be seen from "inside"

If that's what they're looking for, and the respective article would be marked as an "inside"-view, that's a different story, of course. Sorry, if I missed that point.
Quote from Linsen :they can't rely on articles about a certain product written by "fanboys" (no pun intended) of that particular product.

I have been reading ASS for about 6 months, an I think it couldn't go worse. The paper is so full of bullcrap, that a FanBoi-written article about LFS would just perfectly fit in.

my 2 cents..
Quote from Linsen :If that's what they're looking for, and the respective article would be marked as an "inside"-view, that's a different story, of course. Sorry, if I missed that point.

Happy to help =)
In autosimsport "Fifth column" January issue:
Best simulation winner 2005:Live for Speed
Sim personality of the year: Victor van Vlaardingen

and why they dont have LFS articles then?
Quote from Patussay :In autosimsport "Fifth column" January issue:
Best simulation winner 2005:Live for Speed
Sim personality of the year: Victor van Vlaardingen

and why they dont have LFS articles then?

Because nobody feeds them information =) Granted I don't think it's the best way to do things but it's working. They have monthly viewership 10k plus a month.
Quote :If anyone does write an article about LFS, I seriously suggest using pics from Don's slowmo vids. Especially the one where you can see the tire deformations.

There have been articles about the content of LFS. What I feel is more necessary is not any more stuff about the content of the sim, but by covering community activities. That includes things like STCC (there, I said it, and I didn't mean it in a bay way ) servers and most of all reports about the various leagues going on (OWRL, ESL, STCC, MoE and what else we all have). ASS is not read by folks who aren't involved in simracing yet but by simmers. Simmers mostly (except the ignorant few) know what the sims are about, even the ones they don't drive. They know their content. What they don't know is how they can exploit the content, meaning what activities and entities are available to them. This is what sparks more interest in a sim and this is what keeps folks IN the sim.

Of course the league organizers could provide the content, but quite frankly, they do quite a bit of work "just" by providing the league they run. Coverage of that league should be done by others, which is btw also a problem even for a LFS-"internal" page such as LFS News. We, as the LFS community, are lacking folks who do not only want to consume but also want to contribute. That is what unfortunately sets us apart from the other sim communities and is responsible for having too little coverage of what we do.
Quote from Hoellsen :There have been articles about the content of LFS. What I feel is more necessary is not any more stuff about the content of the sim, but by covering community activities. That includes things like STCC (there, I said it, and I didn't mean it in a bay way ) servers and most of all reports about the various leagues going on (OWRL, ESL, STCC, MoE and what else we all have). ASS is not read by folks who aren't involved in simracing yet but by simmers. Simmers mostly (except the ignorant few) know what the sims are about, even the ones they don't drive. They know their content. What they don't know is how they can exploit the content, meaning what activities and entities are available to them. This is what sparks more interest in a sim and this is what keeps folks IN the sim.

Of course the league organizers could provide the content, but quite frankly, they do quite a bit of work "just" by providing the league they run. Coverage of that league should be done by others, which is btw also a problem even for a LFS-"internal" page such as LFS News. We, as the LFS community, are lacking folks who do not only want to consume but also want to contribute. That is what unfortunately sets us apart from the other sim communities and is responsible for having too little coverage of what we do.

Yes This is the type of stuff they are looking for =) Anything to do with the community pertaining to LFS. For leagues this would be a great opportunity =) They are receptive, you just have to start dialog with them.
ASS write articles about mods for other sims. While we don't have mods, we do have quite a bunch of community created add-ons and such that could be talked about. Sure they don't have the impact of a mod but something like Smith's stats or my own setup analyser (once it's finished) are genuinely useful apps that many find essential but others won't have ever heard of.
Quote from BuddhaBing :The fact that AutoSimSport does not cover LFS is entirely a conscious decision on their part. They have staff writers; they have editorial staff. If they truly wanted to provide LFS coverage, they would devote staff resources to doing so. They haven't. Read into that what you will.

ffs ASS is a community written free magazine, it may be produced by people who play ISI/other sims so will naturally be more inclined to write about them. They rely on community written pieces which for whatever reason flow from the other sim communities but not the LFS community, maybe due to the nature of other sims having more to write about. The offer has been open for ages and is quite clear if you want LFS articles then write about LFS. They have absolutely no obligation to cover LFS and the fact is love or hate ASS we still owe a debt of gratitude towards them for taking the time/effort to put it together, if you want it to include LFS then you know what to do.
#22 - avih
They did have an extensive comparison of the BF1 in LFS and the one of rFactor. rFactor came on top btw, although they didn't trash LFS. Not a bad article.
Imho, the wrecker barricade deserves an article on its own. And wasn't there a big article about rF's long race (Lienz something?)... People could write similar articles about MOE, STCC etc.. Or stuff like movies of the month, edited screenshot of the month (voted here on LFS forum) etc..

It doesn't need to be one person or certain group of persons, what I'd like to see is more LFS articles written by many writers.
#24 - SamH
Quote from ajp71 :ffs ASS is a community written free magazine, it may be produced by people who play ISI/other sims so will naturally be more inclined to write about them.

ASS is a for-profit magazine, written by people involved in the ISI the sim-racing community. It's free to download, but it's intended to generate returns.

I agree that they're not REQUIRED to write anything about LFS, and are certainly not required to play it.
Quote from Ian.H :ASS has articles!?

Must have missed those in amongst all the ads. I thought it was a classifieds rag

/me sni_ggers (damn censor filter) Very true!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG